Supersize Girdle/Support Garment for Pannus

AnninTX
on 8/7/07 11:38 pm - Dallas, TX
Has anyone found a great support garment or girdle for lifting, smashing, or whatever a low hanging pannus?  I have a Grade 4 panniculus that extends to cover the upper to mid thigh.   As I lose weight, is hangs even lower.  I am far away from being able to have a panniculectomy on that part of my body.  It hangs low and I would like to see what I could do to make it look better.  I had a full consultation with Dr Lomanaco for reconstructive surgery back in 2004 before he became very very popular here in Texas.  My insurance at that time denied saying it was cosmetic.  I have better insurance now. I'd like to lose 100lbs and try again.  Until then I really need to find a garment to hold up or in my pannus.  I have found lots of sites that have items to size 3 or 4X.  I need 6 or 7X.  Please let me know if you know where I can find something good to manage my belly, which makes me look like I weigh much more than I really do.

Ann in TX
Starting 423/Current 320/Goal 190             
Loss since 7/30/7 revision= 36 lbs released

Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.

Helen Keller 
Vicki C.
on 8/8/07 12:16 am, edited 8/8/07 12:16 am - Small Town, OH
Anne, you might want to talk to Dr. L now, getting his opinion on removing it now--mid-stream in your weight loss efforts.  That is what I am doing.  I really think that mine is hindering my wt loss.  I need to lose another 100 lbs, too, but cannot exercise effectively with this big, hanging pannus.  My wt loss has stalled out for almost a year and I am REALLY not ready to be done.  I eat as I should, exercise some, am relatively active in my daily life, but just don't lose.  I am blaming it on the pannus.  My dr. did one approx the size of mine on someone with similar stats to mine and she did go on to lose another hundred after the removal.  That gives me hope that I will begin to lose again after this "albatross" is removed.  I know this is just my story, but you might want to get Dr. L's ideas on your particular case.  If it is a Stage 4 now, it will only get worse, so now may be the right time to get rid of it.  Only you and your doc can decide it, but it is worth considering.  Hugs, Sweetie, and keep me posted, will ya? BTW--don't know if I have told you this, but although I live in Ohio now, I was born and raised in Dallas and all my family is in the DFW area.  We get home as often as possible, but it is never enough.  Still a Texan at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Vicki
488/244/150  Panniculectomy -- 40 lbs off on September 12, 07.  

"Weight loss surgery is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle, and seeing how little you can eat. Portion control is the key to all weight loss operations.  Bottom line-- it isn't how much you can eat -- it is how little you can eat."    ~ Dr. Terry Simpson 

LinZhi's Mum
on 8/8/07 12:24 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Vicki, How funny! I was not born in Texas, but mostly raised there, and lived there, NE of dallas area, until Nov, I moved to OHIO!! now, I get teased all the time here about my accent.  Where are you in ohio...anyway near Akron? Do you know any surgeons....good for pannulectomy?  Hugs,  Sandy

Hugs,                           
Sandy aka LinZhi's Mum

Vicki C.
on 8/8/07 3:08 am - Small Town, OH
Sandy, I remember when you moved to Ohio from Texas and thinking about the coincidence of it.  I am the Dayton area.  My surgeon is Dr. Kurtis Martin in Cinti.  I heard him speak at the Lexington OH event and was impressed with his demeanor and with the pics of his patients.  Mostly I was impressed with a patient that had similar stats to me and he had removed a 50 lb pannus from her.  After that, she lost another 100 lbs.  He estimates mine is about 40 lbs.  I wouldn't trust that to just anybody, so was very happy that he was close enough for me to plan on using.  Now, if I could just get the OR people to cooperate and free up the time!!  They have canceled me once and now I am rescheduled for 9/12, but won't know for sure until 9/9.  The not knowing is such a pain in the patootie!!

Hugs, Vicki
488/244/150  Panniculectomy -- 40 lbs off on September 12, 07.  

"Weight loss surgery is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle, and seeing how little you can eat. Portion control is the key to all weight loss operations.  Bottom line-- it isn't how much you can eat -- it is how little you can eat."    ~ Dr. Terry Simpson 

teresaNnyc
on 8/8/07 1:55 am - new york, NY
Check with the Lane Bryant companies as much as I loathe them they do carry the sizes your looking for. I use Lipo In A Box, Spanx and Assets but they don't go to a 6x or 7x. All the best!

201 pounds lost since surgery!! And I'm 2 1/2 inches taller too!!

And YES I still eat Carbs and Fats but I know what portion control is!!

Surgery Date: 6/5/07
Jupiter6
on 8/8/07 3:54 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm spending most of my post-op life in a Junonia chloroban swimsuit. It doesn't have much stretch, I can wear it under clothes, and by shortening the shoulder straps I can hoist that pesky belly up outta my way!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Heather G.
on 8/8/07 4:00 am - Penns Grove, NJ
There is a store called CATHERINES in my area,  their website is www.catherines.charmingshoppes.com  I looked and they have girdles up to size 14x !!   Hope this helps! Heather
lymphedemalady
on 11/25/14 1:42 pm

I have been experimenting using a maternity back support bands: http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32&kpid=92200-10-L&kpid=92200-10-L&mr:trackingCode=F3E105EF-692A-E211-B425-BC305BEDE924&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=51901877165&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=103493222045&gclid=CKPd9NTHl8ICFYhbfgodMwoALQ

lymphedemalady
on 11/25/14 1:42 pm

Maybe a maternity back support band http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=922000113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32&kpid=92200-10-L&kpid=92200-10-L&mr:trackingCode=F3E105EF-692A-E211-B425-BC305BEDE924&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=51901877165&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=103493222045&gclid=CKPd9NTHl8ICFYhbfgodMwoALQ

Gail H.
on 8/8/07 5:38 am - TIGARD, OR
Everyone has already gven the suggestions I would, but you could try google for super plus size lingerie.  I wanted to tellyou I am in the exact situation but have gotten smaller every where else that I can get into a 4x now.  I have a consultation for pannus removal in Sept to try and have it done the first of Dec.  Wishing us both luck!  PEACE be with you....

Blessings   Gail
PEACE 
"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war"
Eienstein

Most Active