OVERDOSE ???????? on B-12 ?????
I went for my 6 months post op check up with my doctor on yesterday and all is well. My labs were fantastic however my B-12 level showed 1675, she stated the normal range is between 400-900 so I asked should I stop taking my regular B-12 tablets since my other meds have B-12 in them, she stated "No, you won't overdose or anything like that, your levels are fine so keep taking all your meds and keep doing what you're doing"..............Have anyone else had a B-12 level like mine?
Back on track as of 11/1/2014
Weight loss goal:
Back to Onederland by 3/26/2015
Mine just came back at about 1475... high is GOOD.
B vitmins are water soluble, so what your body doesn't need it will eliminate in your urine. Don't worry about it. You're doing great.
I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.
Thank you for your support!
on 9/10/08 6:38 am
Should you be worried at 1675? I wouldn't think so.
on 9/10/08 6:51 am - River Falls, WI
My B-12 is consistently higher than expected, but because it stayed over 1000 for nearly a year, my doc and nutritionist agree that I should cut my dosage in half, but never ever stop taking it.
on 9/10/08 9:29 am
B12 is the only vitamin with no known toxic dose, so it should be safe no matter how much you take. Still I wouldn't recommend absurd amounts - if you take 10,000 times the RDA you might be the person to discover the toxic level. At any rate, taking more than recommended doesn't provide additional benefits and is just a waste of money.
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin, cobalamin) overdose, toxicity, side effects
|Vitamin B12 is considered safe and non-toxic. No toxic or adverse effects have been associated with large intakes of vitamin B12 from food or supplements in healthy people.|