SIDE EFFECTS OF ASPARTAME! Crystal light, etc.. has this in it!

AMYH-M
on 8/1/09 8:58 am - League City, TX
I think some people are effected by it more than others.  I get migraines from aspartame, and I do know some other people who also do, but I also know some people who aren't effected at all.  I like the sf drink mixes by Ocean Spray and Welches better than Crystal Lite, and I don't think they have aspartame.
Carol_P
on 8/1/09 9:31 am
I didn't pay attention to the studies about aspertame much, but I have officially cut it completely out of my diet for two weeks (I was consuming a very large amount) and I no longer feel so "bad" mentally. I can't explain exactly what was going on, but it was a lot of aggression combined with depression. Also had panic attacks.
liveinphx
on 8/1/09 10:00 am - Phoenix, AZ

For me the issue is pretty straight forward. If something is causing you problems stop using it.
There are so many "studies" about so many "toxic substances" out there that for me the rule of thumb is what causes problems is a problem otherwise I try to not get too wrapped around the axle about things.

Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
katiebob
on 8/1/09 11:30 am - lyons, GA
WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just pure and simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LynW
on 8/1/09 12:37 pm - Central IA, IA
I know that when I use aspertame, I have nasty leg and foot cramps, and creepy crawly sensations called fasiculations.  Last year my PCP was worried I had ALS.  That was pretty scary.  My B6 was toxic also so between the 2, I was a mess. 

Some of the Crystal Lite is made with Splenda. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/09 3:19 pm - , FL
My 80yr old Uncle came for a visit....He walks 5 miles every morning, coaches/umps little league, but won't let a sugar substitute cross his lips.  I had to beg him even take a sliver of Key Lime Pie(regular pie, not sugar free)....He is healthy and fit...and he came to stay with us for a few days...the 2 fat slobs...so I promised him I would give up anything with Aspartame that day and it has been 5 months...I now crave water water water...I don't drink soda...if anything I drink a ginger ale..*tho I know that might change after sugery...so I figured I would make a crystal light the other night so I would have something with flavor after the sugery...even tho I watered it down...it was so sweet, I couldn't stand it...Aspartame is rough on a body...my mother has diabetes and lives on sugar subs...but I feel so much better with out it...I was drinking 12 diet Pepsi's a day...I havn't tasted it in 5 months and don't miss it...its like giving up caffine...once its been out of your life for a little while...you find you really don't need it...

Good Luck and Congratulations
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 3:04 am - Woodbridge, VA
Skip the fake stuff - try natural sweeteners like erythritol, stevia, agave, etc., or maybe even Whey Low.
Most Active