Nyquil??

jeanette a.
on 2/15/10 12:34 am
i have a nyquil question...my doctor told me from now until my surgery not to take any asprin pain killers or anything that i guess could be a blood thinner..does that include nyquil...
tabbyfree
on 2/15/10 12:42 am - Katy, TX
No, nyquil has tylenol in it, that is the one thing we are allowed to take. However if they don't want you taking any pain relievers you should check with the dr first.

babs71958
on 2/15/10 12:43 am - Brunswick,OH/Ruskin/FL, FL
I just read the Nyquil label last night for a horrendous cold I have.  It contains Tylenol (acetaminophen).  Anything like Motrin, ibuprofen, Excedrin, Aleve-these things have Aspirin in them.

Barb 

Desperately Seeking a revision to a DS.
Be  careful of the toes you step on today because they will be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.

mkbeany
on 2/15/10 1:01 am
I was sick as a dog last week. I called my surgeon's office. Nyquil is fine- it does not have aspirin. I was cautioned to start with half my usual dose as it does have alcohol and sugar in it.

Yes, we do have to stay away from NSAIDs, Aleve, Ibuprofen and the like.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
So Blessed!
on 2/15/10 1:30 am

There are sugar free cough syrups available that do not contain alcohol - mainly geared toward diabetics, but they are pouch friendly.  Check with your pharmacist.

blueyezndevilsh
on 2/15/10 1:45 am
I was sick as crap a few weeks ago and used nyquil.  I used my regular dose and luckily didnt dump on it.  However, my stomach did burn for a bit after taking it. 
juliannesmom
on 2/15/10 9:30 am
I hope that no one else has the reaction that I did to Nyquil.  I took half the normal dose, and let's just say that sleeping I was not.  I had the dry heaves for quite awhile.  My dh even got up to make sure I was okay, he got so worried about what he was hearing.  I am not one to get that way, only like once or twice since surgery.  for those of us post op be careful.  I'm sure it doesn't effect everyone like that, but whoa was it bad for me.
Becca
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1362 views