Anyone have the Sapala-Wood Micro Pouch?

Kathy S.
on 12/4/18 7:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning Nancy,

We are so sorry to hear about all you went through and still going through. I was going to email you but was not able to locate your account. Dr. Ara Keshishian is excellent but on the west coast. There are 2 equally great surgeons on the east coast that has helped several of our members with complications and long term issues. Here is their contact information. Please let me know you got the information and what else I can do to help.

Shawn Garber

New York Bariatric Group
Roslyn Heights (also in...)
Phone: 800-633-THIN

Mitchell S. Roslin

Northern Westchester Hospital Surgical Weight Loss Program | Lenox Hill Bariatric Surgery Program
Mount Kisco (also in...)
Phone: 855-955-2225

If you want to contact me off the boards just click my name and you can send a private message.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. We care

Take care,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

pigletom
on 9/15/20 2:30 pm

I am 18 years post op with Dr. Sapala and am also looking for a doctor that will look INSIDE to see what's going on in there. I'm not complaining...I knew the risks, I just needed more follow up care than what I was provided and I have had a difficult time finding any doctor that wants to touch this with a 10 foot pole.

BettyD30
on 12/10/20 4:22 am

Hi my name is Debra I had the micro pouch In 2001, no problem as yet, I went from 299lbs to 156lbs, kelp it off for over 19 years. Dr sapal, I just loved this man, he was such a person not just a Dr, he wanted to make sure you were doing good and shared jokes and his friend Dr quartermus, from Kalamazoo who does the scope, they've been friend for many years. So if I needed check to make sure all was well Dr Quartermus and I would talk till I was put out about some of the wonderful thing Jim sapal had done.

ladyryder72
on 9/22/22 3:28 am

I had it in 2001, lost over 140 lbs. Doing so far good, but you need to get B12 shots, and keep using vitamin. My B12 if I don't do the shots gets to low, and D3 is low if I don't take it. But I have no regrets having it.

MsBatt
on 9/29/10 5:28 am
I've been a member here for seven years, and in that tiime I've seen VERY few people with this procedure. Most of them have had severe problems and eventually had their surgery either reversed or revised to a different procedure.

Please reconsider!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1204 views