WTF??

byebyeband
on 3/22/11 12:10 pm - CA
I am just about 4 months out and have lost 60 lbs.  Everything is going along great...until...
I had my first dumping incident when I mindlessly ate too many gummy bears.  I will sometimes have about 6 or 7, but wasn't paying attention and got really sick.  Puked and had to PASS OUT for an hour (diabetic coma).  I LEARNED MY LESSON...I promise.

I
made some turkey spaghetti sauce last night there wasn't enough meat sauce for me to have left overs.  I opted for a small bowl of Life cereal w/ a small amount of milk.  Well...(did NOT see this coming) I had a similar dumping experience from the milk.  Puked and passed out again!?????

This was my first cereal and milk.  I thought it was a great idea...but whammo...no!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Pamela

Pamela

Jackie McGee
on 3/22/11 12:39 pm - PA
Milk and cereal (at the same time) is pretty much one of two things (the other is pasta) that makes me dump. I can do milk and cereal separately, though, with no problem and candy I can eat all day and not get sick at all.

Consider it a lesson learned

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Katari
on 3/22/11 1:01 pm - OR
I can not do cereal with milk at all! I don't have a huge dumping episode but I do get the "ew" feeling right after. I also can't do cereal in yogurt or anything like that. Now I can do them all seperately with no problem. but I can't do any combination of Cereal and ??? at ALL!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

meshi
on 3/22/11 3:02 pm - Oak Park, IL
 OMG I hear ya sister!!
I thought i was the only one that dumped from a bowl of ceral !!
 Milk by its self fine , cereal by its self fine  But omg together  Forget it take me to the toilet!!

Anothe is a 1little square of chocolate fine!! A sip hot liquid chocolate Take me to the toile please!!
lol

I wish you all the best sweetie and always remember You are not alone!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 8:33 pm - Switzerland
 I suggest you google "Glycemic index of carbohydrates" and learn something before you kill yourself. Doesn't some sort of nutritional advise come with a $65,000 surgery??
M M
on 3/22/11 9:50 pm
 It seems you figured it out.

Cereal and milk = COMA.

Candy = COMA.

Don't do it.

<3
HolliM
on 3/22/11 11:05 pm - Red Bush, KY
I too dump on milk and cereal together. And I can snack on dry cereal all day long and not get sick. I can't drink any milk I can do vanilla light soy milk though.

Highest Weight 335                      When I came home 330.2
Surgery Weight 321.4                   Current 170
www.myspace.com/hma82

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/23/11 12:08 pm - Belleville, IL
Well, let's see here.... You ate SUGAR (gummy bears) and dumped....No surprise...

I doubt the MILK made you dump but the LIFE cereal did...(Did you look at the CARB count on that life cereal)...

You DO realise that your meals MUST contain 12 grams of carbs or less, don't you?
Processed sugar and crap is a no-no...

Eating gummy bears or LIFE cereal and then saying you dumped is to be expected...As Amish said...Google Glycemic Index and Carbs....

You have to change your eating habits for life now...No more candy, no more carbs over 12 grams per meal...no dumping...Not so hard now is it?

Warmly,
Jackie

Most Active