it aint over yet

Patiurple
on 3/28/11 4:34 am - Wheatland, OK
three years post op 14 surgeries later and finding the love of my life plus weight gain.
heard it could happen knew i had additions thought i could handle it...
uh WRONG..
do i got your attention yet?
january 2010 i was under my orginial goal of 175  i was so proud of me...then the guy i was dating said he wasnt ready...for a serious so we ended our romance.. then it started the nibbling sneaking in the diet mtn dew..and before I knew it I had gained weight.
i saw it coming i tried to stop it started backing to walking never thinking i would fall never thought my doctor would be ignorant.
she gave me steorids for pain...(read labels folks) pain went away weight came back.
then i met my husband...awh love romance then marriage.
went to idaho (btw love love that state) his Grandmother had made all kinds of danish goodies I nibbled...
came back to OKie and here I am cutting grass and enjoying my new family...cooking meals making bread and nibbling drinking diet mtn dew...here I am now almost 9 months married and I have gained 45 pounds.
with another hernia the size of a soccor ball...
where do you go for help? wheres the support group for backsliders with complications... I have no idea..so here I am back to where I got the truth about wls back to where I got all my support..
yep it aint over yet. i am kicking addiction again...anyone want to help
being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
nomoresugar
on 3/28/11 4:59 am
At least you knew where to come for help, and you recognize the weight gain is likely due to your less than perfect choices.  Want us to kick your butt?

Put your foot down with yourself, and stop the nibbling and definitely dht Mtn dew.  Caffeine is bad for your pouch (ulcers) and carbs lead to more carbs.

And, congratulations on your marriage.
Patiurple
on 3/28/11 5:40 am - Wheatland, OK
sure i need a good kick!
i am cutting myself down on the dew...like i did before surgery. if i stop cold turkey it will lead me back and i dont want that. as for my nibbling ...i am blessed to have a family that is promoting the throw out junk food campaign and insist we go all healthy..what a blessing! my husband even wants to eat my way...says he could lose a few pounds himself. i thought i had to be the super wife and mother and do all the old fashion cooking...
ty for the congrats..hes amazing man...to take on this ornery gal
being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
Maria612
on 3/28/11 10:36 am
There, but for the grace of God, go I.  It can happen to anyone, and you did the right thing to reach out.  Keep on posting, keep on reading.  I come on here almost every day.  I dont post alot, but I read alot.  Hang in there, you know what you need to do.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
XJudyX
on 3/29/11 1:15 am - WA
Addictions need to be addressed....overeaters anonymous might help...or even AA but just replace the booze with food in your mind. You can get better and you need help to get there! Saying a prayer for you for strength.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1492 views