I Feel so sorry for those effected by this.

nspg01
on 3/31/11 8:53 am
had my RNY in Sept 2009 thanks to MEDICARE.  I would not have been able to pay out of pocket and would probably be on my death bed right now. Thank you Medicare.  It passed with no problems like I've heard on here of others experience with their Insurance Companies. The
loss of 130 has cleared of most of my co-morbidities and i FEEL WELL.  I'M 68 years old.

YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO THE POLITICS OF THE STATE AND VOTE ACCORDINLY>
Today, I read that Missouri received money from Federal Gov. for extended benefits so people can pay rent, electric food and meds.  Missouri Republicans voted to withhold that money so the
already POOR PEOPLE of this State will not only be poor but destitute.  We're retired and have
saved money to fill in for our social security monthly checks.  We paid ss taxes all our working
lives so now it is a blessing.  I am so sorry for all those folks not old enough to retire who also
cannot find jobs.  The State of Missouri will keep the federal money in it's coffers while it's
people it was meant or go hungry, without meds and absolutely daily needs.  This is so
unfair since they have give so many benefits to large companies while the people who pay
taxes are going without like in the depression. At some point, there will be so many people
out of work and not needing to pay taxes that the State of Missouri will again be in a money
crunch.  THen where will they look.  YOU GUESSED IT< BACK TO THE FEDERAL GOV.

IF YOU VOTE REPUBLICAN< THEN YOU ARE GIVING A SIGNAL THAT YOU APPROVE OF
POOR PEOPLE STARVING IN OUR COUNTRY>  IF YOU DO VOTE THAT WAY<  
THEN  SHAME ON YOU AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

Whacka Doodle
on 3/31/11 12:53 pm
had my RNY in Sept 2009 thanks to MEDICARE. 

You're welcome!

Is this what you are referring to?
http://www.stlbeacon.org/voices/blogs/political-blogs/beacon -backroom/109085-blunt-leads-missouri-gop-charge-against-fed eral-health-care-law

The problem, it seems, is that there are a lot of people who need care, and the funds are spread thinner and thinner -- so what to do about that?  Missouri is not exactly growing fat on these funds.  The question is how to disburse them equitably, when the funds are lower, and the mandate is greater.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

nspg01
on 3/31/11 2:08 pm
No mam Whacka Doodle,
I'm not talking about the Health Care Reform Bill.  I'm talking about Medicare which  was paid
for by me and my employers.  It was an insurance program  THAT I PAID INTO so I don't need
your  "YOU"RE WELCOME".  You had nothing to do with it and nothing came out of your pocket
for MY medicare.  I paid into this insurance program for 51 years so you had NOTHING to do
with funding my medicare coverage in any way. So don't presume that YOU funded my surgery.

In case you don't know the difference between Medicare and the Health Care Reform Bill
passed by our Senate and House and signed into law by President Obama, here is the
definition

Medicare is a social insurance program administered by the United States government, providing health insurance coverage to people who are aged 65 and over, or who meet other special criteria. Medicare operates similar to a single-payer health care system.[1]

My remarks were directed at the MO law that will eliminate the extension of unemployment payments
to those workers who have lost their jobs and are unable to find new jobs.

Wait until it hits you then you'll understand.  I paid my dues and am retired.  Don't need
your THank You's for anything.

Whacka Doodle
on 3/31/11 2:13 pm
Well, strictly speaking we ALL pay for federally-funded health care programs such as Medicare, if we're paying taxes -- which I do.  I certainly do NOT begrudge you (or anyone else) WLS!!!  My only point is that we all -- ALL are suffering because of a poor economy.  It really is terrible.  It would be lovely if having paid-our-dues once-and-done would be enough.  But it doesn't appear to be that way.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

nspg01
on 3/31/11 3:41 pm
You still don't understand.  MY medicare was not "federally funded".  Me and all the employers
paid for the medicare I am receiving.  Today's employees medicare will be "federally funded"
because medicare funds have been misused and redirected to issues other than a retirement insurance which is what it is.  I"m saying 51 years of input would have paid for my wls and I'
would have had a very large savings account if I had not be required to participate.  This
is separate from the HEALTHARE REFORM LAW.  OH never mind.  You are just "OUT OF THE LOOP".

VictoriousSecret
on 3/31/11 1:03 pm
Republicans are being short-sighted. They are trying to cut the budget any way they can, but cutting preventative care just costs us more later.
qnmimi
on 3/31/11 1:34 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
People there will most likely have to go to other sources for help...sorry. I hope there are community resources that can pick up the slack.

NewDawn50
on 3/31/11 2:11 pm
I know we shouldn't get political here, but this makes me so freaking angry!!!!

I have only one thing to say about Republicans and the Tea Party...

charlotte180
on 3/31/11 5:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I am with you all the way. It's gotten to the point where I can hardly even watch the news anymore. For instance:

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder is cutting taxes for corporations by $1.8 billion dollars, (that's 86%), while increasing taxes on seniors and those with low income by $1.7 billion dollars. In fact, those in the lowest 20% have the highest rate of increase! Unbelievable. 

See story here:

Michigan Governor to Cut Taxes for Corporations While Cutting Benefits for the Poor and Middle Class

nspg01
on 3/31/11 5:29 pm
somethings gotta give and soon or those people marching for freedoms that are being taken away  will be doing same as former marchers in other countries. Sad state of affairs.  Hope those
I voted for do what is right or the people and not for corporations.  Their profits are increasing
as working class is losing so much.  It's about controll.  Hope people wake up and learn
what is happening to them and who is responsible.  Thanks for your posts,  ALL.

Most Active