Surgery in 2 days & everything is going wrong

charlotte180
on 4/2/11 1:32 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm having surgery the day after tomorrow at 12:30 pm.  My mother wanted to fly out to help, she got in yesterday and is staying until 4/11. I don't know what I was thinking, or what she was thinking. Yesterday was one of the most stressful in my life. I thought I "lost" my mother in the airport, that her flight came in 3 hours earlier than it did. She's 78 & has arthritis and can't walk well, needs a wheelchair in the airport, probably should have one 24/7.  Then I couldn't find where I parked, and spent 45 minutes speedwalking the airport parking lot after having spent an hour speedwalking the airport, crying hysterically. 

So, we get home. She's sick (cough). Today, I had to go to my best friend's mom's funeral. 10 minutes before I left, my mother fell off the bottom step of the staircase, right onto ceramic tile. Me & kids are freaking out wanting to callo 911 but she insisted she was fine and that we not call. She can't take pain meds (advil, tylenol, aspirin) because she's on coumadin. I left for the funeral service, I had to leave halfway through because I couldn't handle it emotionally (friend's mom is same age as mine, and esp with all that's going on right now...).  Then we went out and I got her to the pharmacy to ask about what she can take... now she's in bed because she's in pain and I'm here looking up urgent care centers.. and I've had just about all I could take.

I'm really upset because I feel like now I have the stress of worrying about and having to take care of HER, plus I feel guilt because I'm angry.  Since yesterday, I haven't even THOUGHT of what I need to do for Monday. I managed to pick up my colon cleanse stuff which I will start tomorrow. I feel like I blew off my friend too.

I usually have a drama-free life & that's how I like it. It's been nothing BUT since yesterday. It's all I can do right now, not to run out and buy cigarettes, not to run out and get food!

Just don't even know what to do. 

Thanks for listening.
VerticalSue
on 4/2/11 2:37 pm - Shakopee, MN
 Charlotte, you and your mother are in my prayers. Keep your chin up, you're doing the right thing for you.  You're mother obviously wants to be there to help and support you during this time.  Good luck with surgery! 

Talk2me
on 4/2/11 2:55 pm - CA
RNY on 11/10/10 with
Take a deep breath... you will be ok.  Your mom loves you and wants to support you.  My mom and I shared alot of laughs over the horrible ways we tried to get protien in me after my surgery.  It will work out.  In 6 months you will be feeling awesome and this will all be behind you.  Good luck on Monday :)  

charlotte180
on 4/2/11 8:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 Thank you VerticalSue and Talk2me.  I really just needed to vent, because I've spent all day trying to hold it together.  I ended up taking my mom to the emergency room. They gave her vicodin & I can rest easier knowing she's okay and can take something. 

Thanks for your support. It made me feel better just reading it.  

Amber L.
on 4/2/11 8:29 pm - Sweden
Just breathe. Take a Xanax if you have one. Just take a hot bubble bath if you can. List all the reasons you are putting yourself through this. It will all fall into place.

Sending happy, peaceful thoughts your way.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

charlotte180
on 4/3/11 7:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Lol, my mother actually has Xanax with her, but I'm afraid to take it because won't they do a drug test at the hospital? 
Amy Smith
on 4/3/11 12:23 am
Everything will work out.  My Mom was also my supprt for surgery and she didn't have a full idea of what to expect b/c I didn 't want her to "baby" me as she does when I don't feel well.  I have to say that 2 days before my surgery I started to question things, but the day before I went to my friends pool and floated on a raft in the water ALL day.  Came home adn went to bed.  Try to relax, do something you enjoy.  I have heard of people scheduling a massage the day before.  
I have plastics coming up this summer and have alrady arranged for a pedicure the day before surgery so I don't have time at home to panic!
SugarGrl
on 4/3/11 5:16 am
{{{Giant Hug of Support and Love}}}  Everyone is right, take a deep breath.  I will pray that everyone gets through their trials and that you have the strength to do what is right for you. 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Priscilla V.
on 4/3/11 12:39 pm - Corry, PA
Prayers going out to you!!!  Everything will work out.  Your mom obviously is a strong lady and wants to help.  You will look back on all these past few days and realize  they happened for a reason!!!  Good luck with your surgery and I will be looking forward to your posts after all is said and done!!!  Prayers are with you!!!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1371 views