Dry mouth

mcfardee
on 4/2/11 9:07 am - OH
Hello.  I have been having a very dry mouth for the past couple of months.  It only happens during the night and it wakes me up.  It's so dry that the inside of my lips are stuck to my teeth and my tongue is very dry and thick feeling.  I didn't have this problem before wls.  I had RNY revision in December 2010.  Has this happened to anyone else?  

IMSvelte
on 4/2/11 9:21 am
 I hope someone offers you some good suggestions... I'll pay attention to any recommendations made.  I have the same problem, but had it BEFORE surgery.  I used to suck on losenges all the time, but don't want to do that now.  I've been trying to ignore it, hoping it would go away.  Doesn't sound as severe as your problem, though!  

I've even wondered if I have some condition that is causing this?

Anyway, good luck and bless you!  I hope this problem abates for you...

S
Pupcake !.
on 4/2/11 9:36 am - Stranded in, IA
Are your eyes dry too?

You could have Sjogren's syndrome.

Pup
dani02
on 4/2/11 9:44 am - Utica, MI
Funny you should ask, I am a registered dental assistant and we just had a lunch and learn on dry mouth.  I actually suffer from this since surgery also so this is what i have found to be the most helpful. Go to the store in the dental section and grab the BIOTENE they have mouth rinse  also they have a product called Biotene Oral Balance. It is a gel that you put on the tip of your tongue and rub it all around the inside of your mouth. These products work great. I even use the gel while I am working out. Dry mouth can cause serious cavities and gum problems so we need to get this under control. Use the mouth rinse just like any other rinse, swish and spit, but don't rinse your mouth afterward with water. The taste is pleasant enough, I would also recommend using Sensodyne Enamel Protect toothpaste. Hope you get relief soon.

Dani 

walter A.
on 4/2/11 11:11 am - lafayette, NJ
ANOTHER PRODUCT IS CALLED OAISSIS , SIMILAR TO ABOVE , VERY EFFECTIVE

Most Active