3 Yrs Out July 25th Now I Have A Problem......

internetnut
on 4/2/11 5:51 am - elmira, NY
Hi! I'm 3 yrs post opt July 25th. For the most part I have not had really any problems. Till recently that is. I got the flu bug the begining of March of course the second week I start my new job. My stomach has been off since. I tried Activia yogurt for 3 days recommended by my surgery doc's nurse when I got the flu in September. And as soon as I went off of it my stomach started feeling off again. So I'm gonna try it again for 6 more days. My stomach feels so full in the morning I guess you'd say like its swollen. I drink 2 cups decaff (switched back completely) coffee in the morning and I get this full nausea/acid feeling in my stomach with what seems to be a gurgle and sometimes then gas passing in my intestines. Sometimes I gotta go to the bathroom (normal) and others nothing. Speaking of that everything is normal for me there to. I do feel a bit like I am constantipated when my stomach is kicking my butt, but I am not. I do have bad heartburn in the morning and I am on Prolisec. Now I don't have doctor anymore cause our program ended here and no one has sent further info to me as to who I should see now. The nearest hospital they recommended was in Rochester or Syracuse New York 4-5 hours away. I need to see if there is a doctor closer to here. How do I found out without calling around? Anyway does anyone have a idea what this could be? Thanks so much christine

dommiepa
on 4/2/11 6:16 am - Towanda, PA
A lot of the Elmira people have transferred to Geisinger, Danville.

I got my RNY done at Geisinger, and they are wonderful.   I live in Towanda PA.   I know it is still a ways, but it is worth the trip.

Yvonne.    To thine own self be true.     hw 432/ sw 352/ cw196.8/gw 200  RNY 8/11/10 Corsettrunkplasty & thigh lipo 5/16/2012.

internetnut
on 4/2/11 6:33 am - elmira, NY
Hi! Could you tell me is Danville in Pa. It might be closer then 4-5 hours away. I think I may need to see someone cause just doing a quick search I have the symptoms of a perforated bowel. Please let me know. Thanks christine 

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 4/2/11 6:41 am
Yes,  Danville is in PA.  Geisinger is a well known hospital system.

Winnie

internetnut
on 4/2/11 6:55 am - elmira, NY
Thank you actually did a search and found it was. so much closer and better then 4-5 hours away its actually 2 hours away. Thanks christine

Kathleen W.
on 4/2/11 8:50 am - Lancaster, PA
If you go to Geisinger Hospital,  it's one of the better hospitals.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

annette R.
on 4/2/11 10:31 am - ithaca, NY
Surgical Associates in Ithaca has Dr. Mecenas and  Dr. Bollo. Dr. Mecenas is a wonderful surgeon and has done 4 surgeries for me.

In case you are interested, we have a support group meeting at Cayuga Medical Center on Monday nights.

PM me if you would like more information.

Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

internetnut
on 4/2/11 10:49 am - elmira, NY
Thank you that is even closer only 30 minutes away. I will call them monday. christine