two years

Iteach-preK
on 4/3/11 8:59 am - KY
hello...
the 31st of March was my 2 year surgiversary. I am very lucky. I am at goal and do pretty well maintaining with out too much stress. I do watch the scale...but I do not live by it.
I have a new life. I have the same loving hubby, and loving son, as well as supportive extended family.  But I do sooo much more- I live so much more. I know we all read it...but dang it all if it isn't true!
I do a great deal more caring for my family....able to do do more around the house, more energy at work and home, more time for living. I am probably NOT as good at making time for me as I should be, but I am growing.
I have as one of my original goals...to look good in a pair of jeans.  And I believe I do now.  Whhooo- freakin- Hoo!! I can find clothes on clearance easily now. woo hoo. I never imagined that I would get to an 8/10. NEVER. I remember thinking IF I can get below 200 I will be estatic. I am 40 pounds lover that that and really pleased.
I now meet people who do not know me heavy. IF we talk of weight loss I hear....I would never have known etc... it is funny. People don't recognize me and my family supports me.
  I can say that we used to enjoy going out to dinners. I get frustrated in eating out. I will not pay for meals that I only eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of. So, I cook more which is good for my family.
  I do have flabby skin, but you know? I did not do this to become a barbie...just the best me I can. And if I can never afford to have ps on my arms that is ok. I am good with it. 
 I did loose one friend in the process, but I don't think I am that different. I think it is her as she goes runs through people in her life...so I am not concerned,. The ones that matter keep you in their lives and celebrate you and your triumphs!
  I am thankful for my health and the communication in my family that really stopped any problems before they occured since surgery.
sharold7
on 4/3/11 1:32 pm
Wow, that is terrific.  Congratulations on a job well done.  Isn't it wonderful??!!
Most Active