lentil recipies needed

demurebutterfly
on 4/4/11 11:49 pm - Lima, OH

I am pregneant and get WIC, they let me get lentils and beans,  I hate bean soup, (or i did).  I am in need of some lentail recipies that I can use.  Our church is doing a daniel fast so I can't use meat, bread, or sweets for the next week.  I will still need ideas, 

Do you have any??

Beverly

martitalinda
on 4/4/11 11:56 pm
 Beverly, I make curried lentils with tofu bean curds all the time ... it is delicious.... I soak the lentils overnight ... then I place them in my pressure cooker with one packet of adobo sazon con cilantro y achiote, spicy curry powder and a few pieces of fresh cilantro leaves and cook for 15-20 minutes under pressure.  Sometimes I use the Goya ham flavored seasoning also (Sazón con sabor a jamón)... Then I release the pressure and place diced or squared chunks of tofu in the pot, mix with the lentils and let simmer for another 10 minutes ... I love it! by itself or over a tablespoon or two of brown rice.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

lilacs
on 4/5/11 3:47 am - Marysville, WA
 Linda
Total lost: 200 - RNY Feb 2004 - Dr David Lauter, Bellevue WA

my recipes...(a lot of them I created for use on BariatricEating.com and now you can find them on my own blog)  :  click>>>  Eating Well...Living Thin  

Most Active