nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Paula C.
on 4/5/11 6:16 am
That sentence is posted on my fridge right above my before and after rny pics. I have times when I want to binge and graze on bad slider foods and that powerful sentence helps me get a grip. So if you need a little encouragement just post this sentence in plain sight and it will remind you that no food on earth is worth ruining the rest of this journey!
Paula Colvin RNY 08-03-2009 Augusta, Ga                                
Emily F.
on 4/5/11 6:42 am
You are kidding right?
Paula C.
on 4/5/11 7:18 am
what do you mean?
Emily F.
on 4/5/11 10:35 am
On April 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM Pacific Time, Paula C. wrote:
what do you mean?
 No food tastes, meaning is worth, as good as 'skinny', whatever that means, feels. Food is worth more than just being 'skinny'. I'm pretty sure 99% of us don't have a goal to be skinny but healthy. I just hate the mantra that we should deprive ourselves of the evil bad food and put being skinny as our only goal. Food is not evil, food is not bad. The saying just rubs me wrong.
Chilipepper
on 4/5/11 10:53 am
What?  What Emily? 

She never said she was depriving herself of anything.  She never said food was evil or bad.  Nor did she say skinny was her ONLY goal.

I must be in that 1%...but I want to be healthy as well as SKINNY  :)  and if she is keeping herself from eating crap by putting that little saying on her fridge..then obviously, she is trying to keep herself healthy also.   

I am sorry that rubbed you wrong..maybe instead of degrading her and the tool that works for her...you should just move on. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 2:53 am
Right, because this forum, if nothing else, is about NOT speaking up when you disagree with something someone says.  Yyyyyyyeah.
Chilipepper
on 4/6/11 5:01 am
I spoke up when I disagreed..but I also don't belittle someone who is trying to help others 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 6:05 am
You've insinuated that Emily is belittling the OP.  She has not, unless her post has been edited.
Emily F.
on 4/6/11 6:56 am
 Please tell me how I degraded her.  And depriving your self is when you don't let yourself have it, the quote was about NOT eating food. aka depriving yourself.  I, like you, disagree and do not think I was rude, but feel free to tell me how I was 'degrading'. 
Amber L.
on 4/5/11 7:22 am - Sweden
heh.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1272 views