Please post a picture of YOU!!!!!!

Susan S.
on 4/10/11 10:29 pm - Roselle, NJ
 I am the first to admit there were almost no pictures of me preop because I was so ashamed of how I looked I didn't want to have the visual reality to confront.  So I understand.......and I know that some people prefer a level of anonymity on an on-line support source.  I just want to say that when I read a post by someone who has a picture of a flower or a dog or a car I feel such a "I want to see that person....see their eyes......" because it helps me connect.  I get told all the time I need to smile in my pictures (I do have some smiling ones now!) but that's ok.   OH is a daily source of support for me and has been for over 4 years.  I would not have gotten through the last four years without the support of some very dear friends and lot of nice acquaintances here in OH world.   I love to see your faces!   If it's outside your comfort zone give it a try.  It is a first step toward self-love.  I've learned that.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Amber L.
on 4/10/11 10:51 pm - Sweden
There are other message boards where I wouldn't ever consider posting an actual picture of myself. Hell, I don't HAVE many pics of myself, because I just hate them. When I joined here, I knew I didn't want to hold anything back. I wanted to be honest with my challenges and hardships and I knew this was a place where there were many who faced the same things. Sure, I was opening myself up for criticism, which is probably my greatest fear, but I got none of that here.

So, I agree with Susan! Don't be scared. Post your pictures! It's tough to read a message board and feel like I am talking to a cartoon character! Now I feel like changing my picture!
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Bette B.
on 4/10/11 11:36 pm
 Amber: I am so totally addicted to that Pink song! I love seeing it as your sig!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Amber L.
on 4/10/11 11:44 pm - Sweden
It just makes me feel good! On my birthday, I made some self-deprecating comment about myself and my weight. My wife sang that song to me and it took on a whole new level of meaning to me.

So many people on here need it to be their mantra!

:D
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Lady Lithia
on 4/10/11 11:14 pm

I like to keep my Avi anonymous, but I do post pictures from time to time. But here's my picture above.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Susan S.
on 4/10/11 11:31 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Wow......gorgeous.....and you do look like your pre-raphaelite avatar!    Thanks.....Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Lady Lithia
on 4/11/11 8:21 am
Wow that's the nicest thing I've heard in a long time.

Stephanie M.
on 4/11/11 3:50 am, edited 4/11/11 10:38 am
I think this is the first time I've seen your actual picture!  Beautiful!

Here is me at my next goal weight...back in 1997...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Lady Lithia
on 4/11/11 8:21 am
Thanks Steph.

martitalinda
on 4/10/11 11:28 pm, edited 4/10/11 11:38 pm
 You are beautiful with or without a smile...and moreso IRL,, your pics don't do you justice and they are beautiful too.... My Al calls you the lady with the pretty lips and dancing eyes ... and I agree... I am glad to have had the honor of meeting you in person....

oops forgot before and after...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active