OT--Pet Food Pantry Needs Help

mylittleblackdress
on 4/13/11 12:10 am - FL

I know there are a lot of wonderful, caring people on these boards who are animal lovers so I wanted to share a story that I just read with the hope that others may be compelled to help. 

The story is about a local pet food pantry, Sophie's Circle, that is in dire need of donations of pet food or money.  I know there are other pet food banks in the country but this is the only one in this area and the demand is huge.  This area is so bad economically!  So many people have been out of work for so long--there are few jobs and few sources for assistance.  I know--I work in the human services arena. 

Some parts of the country have barely felt the effects of this economy but things are really bad here!  So many people are barely feeding themselves let alone their pets. It breaks my heart that innocent animals are suffering so!  They depend upon people for all their needs and so many are not being met!  I guess like so many others I was blind to this problem.  That has changed for me now.

The article I'm referring to can be found on line at news-journalonline.com  If you are interested in reading it go to the web page, go to bottom of the page to find the link and click on it.  The last line of the article still has me in tears where it talks about people being turned away empty-handed as they have run out of food for the pets.  The article also gives the web site for Sophie's Circle which is sophiescircle.com where you can learn more about them.

Please know I have no affiliation with Sophie's Circle but was so moved by their cause I have decided to help.  If you feel compelled to help also, great, or help out your own local pet food bank. 
Thanks!  Lisa

So Blessed!
on 4/13/11 12:15 am

The last time we took a cat to the animal shelter we had to give them money to cover the cost of her food or they would have turned her away.  It's heartbreaking that there are so many animals suffering.

mylittleblackdress
on 4/13/11 9:11 am - FL
I cannot even imagine not putting the care and feeding of my pets first and I admit I've never had to make a choice between feeding myself and my pets.  It is a tragedy that so many innocent pets have to suffer!  It makes me so ill to know this is happening!  That is why I put the information out there. Lisa
Most Active