OMG!!! PLEASE HELP

Ginger E.
on 4/15/11 12:50 am - Centre, AL
 Ok people Im going to live off protein drinks for a while cause I cant seen to get these last 20 lbs of.Whats up with that?Im going to the gym and nothing.Any ideas I want this before June when I have my tummy tuck?

Sidonia B.
on 4/15/11 12:56 am
sorry cant help you. im just starting my jurney. but im happy to see what people have to say...

Wired
on 4/15/11 1:06 am - St Charles, IL
 If your diet is in check, take a look at what you are doing at the gym. Perhaps that is the culprit. Often times a change to a different program may help that last bit come off. 

The fitness world is so full of bad ideas that even many personal trainers perpetuate that it may be overwhelming.  For example long sustained cardio sessions are not as beneficial as short high intensity work outs. Try that along with some good old fashion weights. Not the trendy machines or fad core exercises but the basic lifts even with scaled down weights can help break that last barrier you are facing. 

Mookleberry
on 4/15/11 1:06 am
 aw I totally wish I could help you... I'm so bad at losing weight lately.. but I think protein shakes and maybe protein bars and such would be a good plan.. and of course drink a crap ton of water :)
Good luck! I really hope you lose lots :)   

kerry D.
on 4/15/11 1:16 am, edited 4/15/11 1:18 am - Cambridge, MA
First I would ask what your stats are? Starting weight, current weight, height, frame size, current diet, gym routine, how long have you been stalled, and where any excess fat is holding on your body?

Second, I would ask why you are having a tt before getting to your goal weight? Maybe you could postpone it a couple of months. It would be terrible to crash diet the last 20 pounds off for surgery only to have it come back on after, or to not lose it, have surgery, then lose the extra pounds and have some excess skin after.

Third, believe me, I'm not trying to sound harsh because am in the same boat as you. My 1 year surgiversary was yesterday and I'm 6 pounds from surgery goal, and about 16 pounds from my dream goal before I will get my plastics( a lbl and bl/br/arm combo) and I wanted plastics sometime this summer too, but am waiting (impatiently) and changing up my dietary routines every 3 weeks and never do the same workout in a row. I am still losing weight, but it is in very small increments that sometimes takes a few weeks to notice, plus about 6 pounds from a plateau buster.

Let me know if you want to talk or know the specifics of what i'm doing let me know.

Wired is correct about the workouts. Short intense cardio and use dumbells or your own body weight. stay away from those weight machines!

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 1:46 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Please don't panic over the last 20#;  our bodies have a lot of extra "plumbing" from the years of being obese.  It doesn't go away.  I haven't had plastic surgery, but two of my friends have done it, and from what I can see, the surgery itself actually took away the extra weight because of the lesser amount of skin that was having to be nourished by blood veins, etc.

And remember, you WILL have some rebound after about year 3. 

Good luck.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/15/11 1:51 am - Tuvalu

The OMG, help and urgent are a bit much for 20 pounds when other people have SERIOUS medical problems.  Self-absorbed much?

Janine P.
on 4/15/11 2:41 am - Long Island, NY

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Ginger E.
on 4/15/11 3:24 am - Centre, AL
If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/15/11 9:16 am - Tuvalu
On April 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM Pacific Time, Ginger E. wrote:
If you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all.

Oh, this is now YOUR board?  So that every vapid, insipid "thought" that crosses your mind can be addressed with the utmost urgency?

You just ain't all that, sweetness.  Not even close.
Most Active