One Year Today!!!!!!

Michelle J.
on 4/13/11 11:48 pm - Isanti, MN
Today has been a year since I've changed my life... I've reached goal and am looking forward to the rest of my life. Like my surgeon said - take one day at a time - great advice. Loving my life and all this surgery has given back to me. I've decided to go back to college and get my RN degree so I can give back to all - I feel so blessed that I received this gift.

Dionysus
on 4/13/11 11:51 pm
Nicki260157
on 4/14/11 4:38 pm - Australia
Congratulations'
What a great day for you.
One day at a time sounds good to me.
martitalinda
on 4/14/11 12:35 am
 Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you.... Kudos for pursuing your RN degree... wishing you nothing but the best on your journey.... one day at a time indeed....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mollypitcher08
on 4/14/11 12:39 am
Michelle: congratulations on reaching your goal and for choosing to help others as a result of getting healthier!  I do believe we are blessed when we get a 2nd chance at life, too.  When I was in the hospital, after my surgery (a few hours after) I had a male nurse come in to check vitals (I guess as I was kindof out of it) anyway, he said to me: this will be your hardest night, after this it will get easier, I promise you (I'm paraphrasing here) then he took my pulse but also patted my hand - He told me his name was Dave, and he said I know what you are going thru because 2 years ago I was in a bed  like this and had this same surgery, I've lost 170# and it has allowed me to continue with my  nursing career.
I never forgot him or what he said.  I asked at the desk about him and according to the other  nurses they had no male nurse by the name of Dave who was even on that night!  (Pretty weird huh?) My point in all this is God does listen when we pray and sometimes, even sends guardian angels with little messages our way!! (I'm pretty sure that's what this was and I don't think I was dreaming but who knows??)
Take care and good luck with your nursing -perhaps you will serve as an inspiration to someone else along the way, too!   Mary
charlotte180
on 4/14/11 1:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Congratulations! It's great to hear how happy you are.

I just had my surgery last week, our surgery dates are almost a year apart, and I weighed almost exactly the same as you when I went into surgery. So, seeing your success is inspiring to me.

Robin S.
on 4/14/11 2:00 am - Chatsworth, CA
Oh Michelle - I'm so happy for you.     My year is coming up in about three weeks and I'm super stoked.    I was thinking about it the other day and all the angst that was 'pre surgery' and where I am now ... As everyone said - WHAT A RIDE.

Congrats to you on your awesome loss and continued success and the happily ever after to come.
I'm Just Robin!
Highest weight 250 - Goal Weight 150 - Current Weight 147
*** Hanging with Weight Watchers now to keep on track ***  
need2lose2
on 4/14/11 3:47 am - Sewell, NJ
Congrats on everything you have accomplished!

chorn0312
on 4/14/11 6:23 am
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

* I lost 7 lbs. on the pre-op diet.* 
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1305 views