OT: Free to a good home....

h_squared
on 4/13/11 2:24 am - IN
 HUSBAND!

Today, we take our 6 yr old to the eye doctor and find out he has astigmatism.  He's getting glasses.  No biggie, my mom and brother have astigmatism and my mom, brother, sister and I all wear glasses/contacts.  Hubby asks me (TOTALLY SERIOUS) if my being fat and having gestational diabetes during my pregnancy made our son have eye problems. 

What. the ****

Un-******g-believeable.

I laughed derisively and told him that it's an INHERITED condition.  I then asked hubs if his being a ***** for his whole life causes our son to have behavioral problems. I also told him that we can play the blame game if he wants....I'll take the blame for any physical problems they may have and he can take the blame for the mental ones.  Immature, yes...but it got my point across.  

THEN...

I'm on OH just looking thru posts and showed him the 9 month post-op recent poster (impressive, btw) and he's all "well, he didn't just do that with exercise alone, he had surgery."  Well, DUH!  This is a WLS forum!  Like it doesn't count cuz the guy had surgery. REALLY?  Just like my fantastic weight loss doesn't count ( and in his eyes, it doesn't.  cuz he still thinks I took the EASY way out).  

He just recently joined a gym, so that makes him a ******g expert. Oh, and he reads a lot about excercise and fitness.  Nevermind that the man really doesn't have a weight problem- never has.  
*deep breath*deep breath*deep breath*

Oh and btw, I just googled behavior problems in children in conjuction with undiagnosed vision problems.  Those kids are misdiagnosed with ADHD.  So, keeping my fingers crossed that is what my little guy's problem is...he's getting glasses next week.

~Heather

www.facebook.com/hphsquared

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.  -Anonymous

Mary Catherine
on 4/13/11 2:47 am
 I am so glad you found the problem with your little boy and he is getting glasses and will be able to see things correctly.  

Too bad your big boy can't get an eyeglass prescription that would make him see things correctly.

I tell people that I took the easy way out by having weight loss surgery.  Frankly, the hard way was not working for me and it does not work for 95% of people who are suffering from the disease of obesity.  For those people, bypass surgery is like getting eyeglasses for someone with astigmatism.  It corrects a problem.

With surgery, we still have to do the diet and exercise.  We just get a chance to be on a level playing field with those who do not have a lot of weight to lose.
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 3:21 am - Santa Cruz, CA

Hmmmmm--maybe your DH could remember the "easy way" comment when he has a toothache and goes to the dentist (he could avoid that by tieing a string to his tooth and a doorknob and then slamming a door), or, Goddess Forbid, he should have a kidney stone (genetics there, too) or maybe lung cancer (radiation anyone???)

Yes, breathe deeply.  It's so much easier than 7 to life for manslaughter!!

trudylam
on 4/13/11 3:28 am - Sudbury, Canada
What a dickhead!  Tell him that he's not allowed to drive to work anymore because that's taking the easy way.  No more showers either, he has to go to the well/pond and ge****er.  No more pain killers, cough medicine, or toothpaste.  All easy ways.  Don't ever order a pizza to do a drive through or ingest pre-prepared meals or drinks.  More easy ways.  I get so pissed off when people that don't have a weight issue think this process is easy.  I haven't even had the surgery yet but I know it will be the most difficult thing I've ever done.  I don't blame you for being mad so I am going to back you up and tell you that he's being DICKHEAD. LOL  Keep breathing and don't think for one second that you had anything to do with any problems your son may have.  My 7 year old has had glasses for over a year now and I know that there's nothing I could have done to change it.  Keep on truckin'!  :)

ANNI D.
on 4/13/11 3:34 am

JEEZ, I DONT EVEN KNOW HIM AND I'D LIKE TO PUNCH THE **** OUT OF HIM! I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POSTER, MAKE THOSE POINT SABOUT THE EASY WAY OUT, OR BETTER YET....LET HIM READ THESE POSTS ABOUT HIM AND EVERYBODY WHO THINKS AN IDIOT. YOU MAY HAVE BEEN FAT BUT, YOU TOOK MEASURES TO TRY AND MAKE YOURSELF HEALTHIER. THERE'S NO PROCEDURE IN THE WORLD THAT CAN HELP A FAT HEAD!!!

I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

katsparks
on 4/13/11 3:42 am - Auburn, CA
Wow! I am floored. It sounds like he has zero respect for you! I don't know how you tolerate being treated that way. Big deal...your boy will have glasses. I have 4 kids (2 boys & 2 girls) and BOTH of my boys wear glasses. They are both very athletic, handsome & popular. Glasses are not a negative stigma. Glasses these days are cool. It does not bother either of my boys (ages 13 & 6) to wear them.
I hope that your husband will pull his head out of his ass. As for you, I hope that he does not always behave this way and I hope you are truly in a loving marriage. If not, I hope that when you eventually leave him, you find a MAN who adores you and does not care that your boy has glasses & you decided to have WLS and take control of your life! Good Luck with everything!!

SW:270         GW: 125         CW:104(and still losing)
New Goal Weight: Whereever my body feels most comfortable and stops losing.

Abdominoplasty with Dr. Scott Green: 10/11/11
DSn NOT BSn
on 4/13/11 9:43 am
On April 13, 2011 at 9:24 AM Pacific Time, h_squared wrote:
 HUSBAND!

Today, we take our 6 yr old to the eye doctor and find out he has astigmatism.  He's getting glasses.  No biggie, my mom and brother have astigmatism and my mom, brother, sister and I all wear glasses/contacts.  Hubby asks me (TOTALLY SERIOUS) if my being fat and having gestational diabetes during my pregnancy made our son have eye problems. 

What. the ****

Un-******g-believeable.

I laughed derisively and told him that it's an INHERITED condition.  I then asked hubs if his being a ***** for his whole life causes our son to have behavioral problems. I also told him that we can play the blame game if he wants....I'll take the blame for any physical problems they may have and he can take the blame for the mental ones.  Immature, yes...but it got my point across.  

THEN...

I'm on OH just looking thru posts and showed him the 9 month post-op recent poster (impressive, btw) and he's all "well, he didn't just do that with exercise alone, he had surgery."  Well, DUH!  This is a WLS forum!  Like it doesn't count cuz the guy had surgery. REALLY?  Just like my fantastic weight loss doesn't count ( and in his eyes, it doesn't.  cuz he still thinks I took the EASY way out).  

He just recently joined a gym, so that makes him a ******g expert. Oh, and he reads a lot about excercise and fitness.  Nevermind that the man really doesn't have a weight problem- never has.  
*deep breath*deep breath*deep breath*

Oh and btw, I just googled behavior problems in children in conjuction with undiagnosed vision problems.  Those kids are misdiagnosed with ADHD.  So, keeping my fingers crossed that is what my little guy's problem is...he's getting glasses next week.

I was married to a man like that once (20 years ago)...EVERYTHING was my fault and I did nothing right!  Honey, I hope you don't live the life I did, I thought he would change...NOPE...not in the 16 years we were together!

I was 'walking' through the internet one day and came across a picture of him.  I told my daughters that their dad's picture was on the internet and sent it to them. (see below)  Somehow, this picture comes into mind when I read YOUR POST!

File:Head up ass.jpg
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

Lady Lithia
on 4/13/11 9:54 am
My sister's son got all weird lookin by six months of age.... they took him to the doctor, and he was, sadly, diagnosed with a quite deadly genetic condition..... perhaps one in one-hundred-thousand babies ends up with this fatal condition..... comes from when mom and dad both carry the same recessive gene.

her hubby began to beat on her for giving their son a deadly disease.... it was HER fault. She finally left him. shortly after that their daughter developed type I diabetes (no known case of that in our extensive family tree, numerous cases in his) and he to this day tells his daughter that her mom was responsible for her having diabetes.

men can be such jerks!

I think people who have never had weight problems can't relate.

Also, sounds like he's compensating for something..... I'll stop right there of course.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/18/11 12:08 am, edited 4/18/11 12:09 am - Tuvalu

I din't think there's a good enough reason to subject children to the kind of parental verbal abusethat he seems likely to hand out, but even if there were, why subject yourself? 

Ther only thing he could POSSIBLY do to mak it be worthwhile for me to stay married to him is maybe, work out of town and come home one day a year. 

I hope that your self-esteem, which probably was not there at your heaviest, will appear in time for you to make the decisions you need to make about how you will aloow others--including him--to treat you and your children.

pinkypromise93
on 4/18/11 12:24 am
What an idiot!! How the he** does someone blame something like that on another person? I have a stigmatism, oh maybe its because I'm fat, NOT!! what a moron! everyone in my family wears glasses, grandparents, mother, brother, and then a few years ago i had to get them as well...yes, i believe its a genetic thing...screw him!! Bless your heart you have to put up with him daily!! luv and huggzz my dear friend

Most Active