X-Post My New Cross Additction

ibeanniebe
on 4/16/11 9:11 pm - NM
Okay its not really a bad one but it does seem to keep me from snacking a little more than 2 and a half years out from my surgery. I bought a Kindle reader a couple of months ago and I am reading anything I can download as fast as I can fit it in between school and regular everyday stuff. I have even found myself staying up to late to finish that last bit of my book. I have always loved to read but over the years had not been doing so much of it because TV was more enticing and books are harder to come by when you have to get off a fat ass to go to the store and buy them or go to the library to check them out. As a morbidly obese person I just didn't have the energy to do much more than grocery shop for Pete's sake. Now I am a full time student and I get out of the house daily M-F and have PE classes every semester. So I get my exercise in and I have learned to get my nutrition in with little hassle as part of my everyday routine. So the rest of the time I am reading (after homework of course). I finish one book and move right into the next and have read so many fun books I decided to blog about them. amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/ Is that crazy or what? Anyway I am not buying anymore books until I have blogged about the ones I have already read. That means I have to read or skim through them all again. Maybe blogging is really my new addiction too. At least its keeping me out of trouble.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Amber L.
on 4/16/11 9:29 pm - Sweden
Great idea! Here's hoping I can transfer my addiction to something as positive.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 12:32 am - NM
Its not hard to get started. Finding a book that gets you laughing is the key then try some others by the same author and then next thing you know it you are addicted. Beats a lot of other things that can distract us the wrong way.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/16/11 11:10 pm
good blog, I checked it out. I also love the Plum novels for sheer silliness, very good.  have you ever read Georgette Heyer?  she invented the Regency Romance novel and was a brilliant writer: nothing else is close.

check her out!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 12:34 am - NM
Thanks for checking out my blog. And thanks for the recommend too. I will check her books out soon. Oh Boy!
Ann and the 'Bean'

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 4/17/11 12:57 am
Georgette Heyer  has written a ton (and some are very different from the others ) so  I'm over on amazon looking to see what's available for Kindle. 

for a Regency Romance may I recommend Talisman Ring

then for a Murder Mystery set in the authors time (early 20th Century) Unfinished Clue

(both these book titles have a The in front of them but I'm not seeing it on the product page at amazon)

if you like them, please PM me: I'd love to talk about  books some more!

hugs
Jackie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 1:17 am - NM
Thanks I added both to my wish list in kindle. As soon as I get the ones I have already read added to my review blog I will definitely download them and read them. I will have a lot more time coming up in three weeks because I will have finished the semester in school. I am signed up for summer school but may have to work through the summer instead. Either way I will still have time to read and blog.
Ann and the 'Bean'

Dionysus
on 4/17/11 1:06 am
ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 1:21 am - NM
Maybe I will read that one too. I just added it to my wishlist. Its pretty pricey even for an ebook. So it may be a while. Go ahead a read it and let us know if its any good.
Ann and the 'Bean'

ibeanniebe
on 4/17/11 4:44 am, edited 4/17/11 4:44 am - NM
This is just too funny. My brother just posted on facebook that there is a movie coming out from this book. How Twilight Zone is that?
Ann and the 'Bean'

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1435 views