NG tube fears

CancerianDiva
on 4/18/11 8:36 pm
 I agree with Leigh, the absolute worst day of my life.
I detest the NG tube - was inserted while I was fully awake - and it took two tries to get it in.
I pray I never have to experience that pain again.
I begged to be put under first, my begging went unnoticed.

MyLady Heidi
on 4/18/11 12:10 pm
I was scared of this and the catheter, the iv's etc, of the things I really needed to be scared of this wasn't one of them, I don't even know I knew it was there.  The catheter was nothing either.  The iv's well another story, I was a hard stick and had two iv's and they both leaked, but it didn't hurt and was just annoying.  If I did this you can, seriousl no one is a bigger hospital chicken then me.  Advice, ask for anything they can give you when you are under to avoid nausea, they can add things to your iv, be friends with the aneastesia doc.  Also nurses are the ones taking care of you, be super super nice and they will treat you well, act like a ***** well you get the idea.

Good Luck
mbentz
on 4/18/11 11:17 pm - Somerset, PA
If an NG tube was used during my surgery, I was totally not aware of it.  I had asked my surgeon before my surgery if I would have one and he told me no.  I told him that I had a dreaded fear of them....maybe that's why he told me no...lol.  Two years ago, I had to have a bowel re-section (long story).  They inserted an NG tube.  I was not awake when they did it.  But, I had that stupid "garden hose" down my throat for 6 DAYS!!!!   By the sixth day, I was ready to rip someone's face off!!  Not pleasant.  The good news is...if you have one, it won't be in for long.  Hang on, honey.  This is all so worth it!!
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1356 views