gastroparisis

lswaney
on 4/18/11 10:23 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
I had gastroparisis before WLS because of my diabetes and I am noticing that it may have never went away.  I wait about 2 hours or so after I eat to drink and when I do I still feel food in my pouch and I feel a bit of pain when the water is trying to go down.  Is there anyone else that has this problem with their new pouch and if so what do you do for it?  I hope this is not the case but I have an appt to get a referal to get the scope and the stomach emptying test again just to make sure.  Thanks for any info!!

Sharyn S.
on 4/18/11 10:25 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with

WLS is no cure for gastroparesis.  Reglan helps some people.  An implated device similar to a pacemaker helps others, but it is considered experimental, so insurance may not pay for it.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Elizabeth N.
on 4/18/11 10:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
My SIL has this problem, a late complication of her type I diabetes. She's getting pretty good results (and thankfully none of the scary side effects) from Reglan.
Jolly Rancher
on 4/18/11 11:33 am
I feel I have some form of gastroparesis. I defintely have slow stomach motilty. I'm learning to deal with it. Depending on what I eat, I may have to wait 30 min to almost 2-3 hours before drinking anything, lest I be hurting and sick. It's a learning process for sure.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Most Active