Surgery in four days!!!

Priscilla V.
on 4/23/11 1:57 pm - Corry, PA
My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday.....getting very nervous.  Does anyone have any last minute advice???

Priscilla

sleeve genie
on 4/23/11 2:01 pm - Alhambra, CA
Walk,  sip, rest and repeat.  Be very good to yourself this first month and give your body time to heal.   I hope you have as easy a time of it as i did :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Duck_Girl
on 4/23/11 2:32 pm
Just remember that this is the start of something big that will be the first day of the rest of your new life.

While you're recovering remember to get up and move! Nothings worse than laying around and stiffening up. I would get up one every couple hours and do a lap or 2 around the house. After a couple days I was up to walking around the block 3x per day to boost weight loss and to stay loosened up.

Take complete advantage of the first few months with exercise once your doctor releases you..These are normally the months you (I was) most motivated and was able to kick start the loss.

If you trip up with your food or eating habits dont beat yourself up... get up and keep going. You didnt get here overnight so remember its a marathon not a sprint to the finish.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 3:46 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
walkwalkwalk, sipsipsip, chewchewchew.

Stay off the scale.

Nap as needed.

Devrom (available online) for the deadly gas.
e56700
on 4/23/11 10:49 pm - Rochester, MI
Take chap stick to the hospital and a pillow to hold against your belly for the drive home. It's such an exciting time. Go forward and succeed.
Dionysus
on 4/23/11 10:56 pm
Priscilla V.
on 4/24/11 12:26 am - Corry, PA
Thanks so much everyone for all the great tips.  I am so looking forward to getting healthy and moving on with my life.  Thanks so much and hope everyone is having a great holiday!!!

Priscilla

martitalinda
on 4/24/11 5:11 am
Just take this time to rest, pamper yourself and heal .... sip, sip, sip and move as much as you can always following the guidelines of your medical team.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1371 views