Ever get tired of food, thinking about food?

will_be_fat_free_and_

on 4/25/11 12:36 am - Pensacola, FL
Over a year out, have done great. But now I find myself tired of thinking about food. I know it sounds strange but I wish I could just get up and leave the house with a small purse for the whole day. Instead of leaving with a large purse full of vitamins and supplements, a cooler of bottle water, protein shakes, appropriate snacks, lunch...blab blab....anyone know what I mean. Its almost worst than having a new baby. I am also tired of thinking about food, what I can eat and not eat, how to get the most bang for the buck (most protein). I know that at this point I should have a working system, and I do for the most part. Thoughts, does anyone understand?

J_J
on 4/25/11 12:47 am - Barrie, Canada
I hear ya!!

Living a post-op lifestyle can be somewhat taxing.  To combat the day to day pain I try to plan and prep all my meals for the coming week on the Sunday.  That way each day I just have to grab what I'm having that day and go...still lots to take with you...but at least you don't have to think each evening/morning "what should I have for breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner today?"  I must admit when I don't plan...I tend not to get in enough protein (bad I know)...but sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and say "I'm taking the week off!!"

Oh well...could be worse...I could still weigh over 350lbs!

Have a great day.

will_be_fat_free_and_

on 4/25/11 1:08 am - Pensacola, FL
I know...some days I think I would like to take off a week or even a day and fly by the seat of my pants. Thanks for hearing me!

Nicolle
on 4/25/11 1:41 am
I understand about the vites thing. I hate taking them, but with the amount of pills I was taking before my DS, I think it's all a wash.

As to the food, I think that has been one of the many gifts of the DS. I can eat anything and I do. I actually look forward to meals and planning them. I am no gourmet, so I make do with what I can easily prepare or purchase.

Hang in there. I am more than 3 years out. It truly is second nature to me now.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Nic M
on 4/25/11 2:20 am
I understand what you're saying.  I wish I could simply NOT eat, I get so sick of thinking about it. But I had a failed WLS (the band) so I can eat anything and everything... and I get tired of trying every day.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Janine P.
on 4/25/11 4:10 am - Long Island, NY
I understand.  You grow tired of it.  You had this surgery because food occupied your mind without trying.  Now you've had it, you're food obsession is better and you want a break from thinking about food but again; no break.

It's frustrating.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

misstisha1_
on 4/25/11 4:14 am
yes, yes and yes! that's the thing cigarettes & alcohol you can live with out but, we have to eat to live-not live to eat(lol)
MsBatt
on 4/25/11 5:50 am
I love food. I love buying it, I love cooking it, I love serving it, and I love eating it. (*grin*) I don't carry around water and snacks (just vites), and I don't really count anything but grams of protein. I can always find something acceptable to eat any plae that sells food---even the 7-11.

BUT---I do have days when I just plain have NO appetite, and that  SUCKS.
Phyllis C.
on 4/25/11 6:06 am
Yes, I really wish I were one of those people who "forget to eat."  Never happened to me.  I am sort of like Scooby Doo when in comes to food and eating.  It takes up way too much of my time when I could be exercising.....not.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 4/25/11 9:06 am
Why do you have to leave the house with all that? Can't you get your food out when you're at work or running aound? I leave the house in the morning with a bottle of water. I can refill it all day or buy more every time I stop somewhere, I take my vitamins with breakfast, and the small ones I take later are stashed in the car or at work. I eat at fast food places or restaurants if I'm out for the day - convenience stores have good choices for us too. No need to haul around everything you mentioned. At a year out do you still need to be on protein drinks or can you supplement food with protein for your liquid? One of the great things about surgery was no more thinking about food- no more planning out lunch while still eating breakfast and snacking while preparing dinner. It's pretty easy if you know what you eat daily- buy only that stuff - for me it's cheese sticks, available at every convenience store near me, and beef jerky keeps well in the car for a quick snack or sometimes a meal. I ate protein only or protein forward meals for the first couple years so that's all I bought and had for meals. It's easy to simplify - read labels and make good choices. Good Luck-
Jen 9+ yrs post op
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1481 views