WLS and C-section

kaykai
on 4/25/11 7:59 am - MI
Ladies I have a question. Has anyone had the WLS that has had a prior C-section? Because of my c-section and weight gain my stomach is already out of shape. My question to those who have had a c-section is...because the elasticity is already gone how hard was it to not have my belly hang anymore than it already does and what advice can you give on working on it?
kendra.m123
on 4/25/11 8:04 am - Barrie, Canada
 I don't know about your belly hanging and such, but I had 2 prior c-sections and had weight loss surgery about 3 weeks ago.  I think it really depends on how long you have been overweight as to the elasticity of your skin.  I really think that a tummy tuck is the only solution to belly hang!
wcumom1
on 4/25/11 8:35 am
i agree with the other poster. I have had a csection and gallbladder surgery also my stomach was waaayyyy out of shape, i had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago, hoping this will help with my issues.  But i am 47, i think if your younger your skin shrinks down better.  I have a yoyo dieter since i was 16, had RNY 2 years ago, i have sagging... but it still continued to shrink down over time.  I was a size 6 forever, now i am a size 4 and have only lost just a few more pounds, so skin must be shrinking down still

DSn NOT BSn
on 4/25/11 11:48 am
My daughter had TWO "C" sections prior to her OPEN Duodenal Switch wls (DS) and also had TWO more "c" sections with her last two (total "4" lovely sons) AFTER her DS.  Her belly is probably no worse than some others who have LOST CONSIDERABLE AMOUNTS of weight.  I had the same DS she did (10 months after her) and we both seem to have the same kind of 'hang'.  Hope this helps!
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

keepitoff91
on 4/25/11 12:15 pm
We have the same surgeon, I just had surgery on the 20th.

I had 3 c-sections and I know from losing weight in the past, that my skin will hang over the c-section scar pretty unattractively.  Hope for plastics later on!!
cate81
on 4/25/11 12:22 pm
 I'm 29 and had a c-section with twins 4 yrs ago and am half way through my weight loss and am surprised at how much the skin is bouncing back so far. My stomach definatley still hangs over the scar but I think considering how fast I lost that weight that maybe it won't be too bad. I know I'm going to have at least a little pouch but my stomach feels pretty tight (still huge, lol) with no "extra skin" really.

Most Active