First day of liquid diet and Im sooo sturggling crying even blah

aakers77
on 4/25/11 5:33 am - MI
Does it get any better I am sooo frustrated right now
msshellwillis
on 4/25/11 5:41 am
Liquids pre-op were NEVER easy for me. Now 10 days post-op it was worth it. I am NEVER hungry.  Make sure you are getting in protein and think of it as a means to and end. You will probably always have "head hunger" but actual hunger should be reduced significantly if not eliminated all together. Good luck & remember you CAN do this!
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

aakers77
on 4/25/11 5:46 am - MI
i think it is more head hunger than anything.  Does that get better as well.  Also did you ever slip on your liquids pre op I am scared I am going too but they say they check you for compliance.  Arghh I can do this I can do this
Kristiana03
on 4/26/11 2:07 am
RNY on 03/16/11 with
I know what your going through.. I was so hungry, or I thought I was. And I will admit I did cheat once. It seems like I ate tomato soup everyday for every meal. LOL. I also made low sugar fruit smoothies which helped. You will get through it. Once I got home after surgery I thought I was still always hungry. After about two weeks that also passed and now I sometime forget to eat.
nomoresugar
on 4/25/11 5:46 am
there are a couple of reasons for pre-op liquid diet.  Naturally, you will lose some weight,  It is mostly to shrink your liver, so it is out of the way for the surgeon to reach your stomach.  Also, it helps prepare you for after surgery, when you will be limited to liquids for a week, or even two.  This will be critical after surgery to allow your stomach to heal properly.

This is the first step in a journey.  Some days will be easy, some very hard.  Look to the future and know what being healthy will mean to you.

And for a little kick in the butt to get you moving:  pull up your big girl panties and get on with it!!  You will be fine.
mrskreuter
on 4/25/11 1:33 pm
RNY on 02/24/11 with
Amen ! It isn't an easy road but when you decide to have WLS you gotta be prepared to work hard.  the outcome will be well worth the sacrifices we make. Good Luck and Take Care, Debbie

susan24
on 4/25/11 6:02 am - Stuck in traffic or an airport near you, TX
It does get better.

Hang in there.....

“Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.?
-- Demetri Martin

chickie_mama
on 4/25/11 6:15 am
RNY on 08/18/09 with
i remember when i started my liquid diet.  hubby decided that he wanted to be nice and bring home dinner.  it was roast pork with rice and beans.  when he opened the tray and said i asked them  to put in the crunchy skin for you.  i cried.  i was angry a t him for not knowing that i cant eat that. i was angry that i wanted it and could not eat it. i was all f***ed up all around.  if you want your surgery you WILL do it.  be focused and steadfast and you will win in the end.  now the thought of that grease in my mouth is nasty, and think what the hell was i thinking when i ate this crap?!

dee~cee

jinger J.
on 4/25/11 8:44 am - Toledo, OH
Remember, this too shall pass. To me this was the hardest part and just take one hour at a time and you will get through it. Good luck and hang in there because you are worth it!
RedAppleCandie
on 4/25/11 9:24 am
I am one week into my liquid fun diet and I am right there with you on the crabbiness and crying.  Seems like everything is piling up at once in my life.  Boyfriend told me I was acting like superbi*ch and was it my time of the month? 

In fact, today (not 3 hours ago) I almost had a "fit" aka meltdown.  I have stopped watching TV, because nearly every other commercial is food related.  I have to get up and go outside when my BF wants to eat his supper.  

I am dying to have something that I can chew and swallow, that has a savory fulfilling taste (like a piece of chicken, or even a couple ounces of ground turkey)  I have to stop now, or bad things will happen!

Bottom line, it will get worse before it gets better.  I Just keep my end goal in sight (Next Tuesday, surgery!) and think about how much better I will feel , knowing I had the mind-power to stay on track.  I wish you luck!