Is it just a guy thing

hercules411
on 4/27/11 12:06 pm
Is it just a guy thing?  One thing that really brings me down is having car problems that cause me NOT to have a set of wheels.

Not only do I dislike not being able to get around as much.. I think it also bothers me if I can't make the repairs myself and have to PAY someone else to fix the car.

My car has been in the shop since Monday night to repair the front end.

To get to work Tuesday morning, my wife had to drop me off on the way to her job.  That means I had to start work about  three hours early.. It was a long eleven hour day.

I decided this morning that I didn't want to be at work that long.. so I rode my bicycle to work.

I completed the seven and a half mile trip in a half hour. The sun was out and it was warm.

It was better than driving.. but I still want my car back soon.

Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

k9ophile
on 4/27/11 12:29 pm
Not having a car is not just a guy thing.  Mine is a purse on wheels and when it's in the shop, I go nuts.  Plus I have my Sirius radio that  a rental won't have.  I'd love to ride a bike, but my commute is 28 miles in beautiful TN hill country.  It would kill me, if some goober who has no respect for cyclists didn't get me first.  Your ride sounds wonderful.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1366 views