Update On Teena Adler

Teena A.
on 4/27/11 3:43 pm, edited 4/27/11 11:19 pm - Mesquite, TX
I have not been here in a minute due to medical issues I have been having.

I was hospitalized repeatedly since December 2010 not WLS related

12/10 - I was in the hospital for two weeks due to Malnutrition I stopped eating out of fear of gaining back my weight. I ended up with two feeding tubes in my nose (at seperate times) and they kept falling out so they gave me a dual picc line and I was fed on TPN at home for two months.

2/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had severe anemia (hemoglobin was 5) and I passed out and it turned out that I had a staph infection from the dual picc line and was septic.

3/2011 - I was in the hospital for two weeks because I had Pneumonia and stap/bacterial infection was still present from Feb. I now have Endocarditis of the tricuspid valve because of it.

Those that may remember I had a revision 10-09-09 by Dr. David Provost.

I was revised from proximal to distal and had a gastro gastric fistula repaired.

I almost died three times Dec, Feb, and March.

I am so glad to be alive.

I am fine now, but still am fighting this eating disorder that I have.

I am really terrified of getting big again.

I am now 5'6 158 and would like to lose another 20 lbs.

I am getting counseling for my eating disorder so I am taking care of myself in that aspect.

I just wanted to come on here and see how you all were and to update you on me.

I hope you all are doing well.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Dionysus
on 4/27/11 5:01 pm
Teena A.
on 4/27/11 11:00 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thank you D
Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

kyutzy
on 4/27/11 10:21 pm - Arlington, TX
 You have been thru a lot.  Dr. Provost was my surgeon also.  I love him.  Even though I had complications too, I don't think they were truly WLS related.  He got me through even them though it took 10 months of wearing a wound vac.  I am 5'6'' and at my lowest I weighed 132 (last Dec while in the hospital with severe anemia and a bleeding ulcer.  I have recommended him to anyone who listens.  I also like his wife, Dr Marie Provost.  She did my colonoscopy and helped diagnose the ruptured bowel.  She also helped with the hernia repair and removal of the panni at the same time.

I am learning not to worry excessively about the scale number but would like to stay under 150.  I look sooooo much healthier at this weight.  It is only now that my friends and family tell me how awful I looked at the lower weight.  By the way, Dr Provost has never told me what a good weight for me would be.  Just keeps asking where "I" want to be.
I also love this office staff!

Keep up the positive thoughts.  Things will get better.
Teena A.
on 4/27/11 10:56 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thx.

I so love him too and recommend him to all.

I only met his wife when I had my surgery in 09 and she was on call for him.

She was very nice.

I am doing all I can to realize that it is not about the number on the scale, but how I feel and look, but that is a challange.

I am grateful for my therapist as he helps me see things from another perspective.

Dr. Provost has never asked me or told me where I should be weight wise either.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Glad things are better for you now.
Teena Adler

So Blessed!
on 4/27/11 10:36 pm

Take care of yourself, Teena.
Teena A.
on 4/27/11 11:02 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thank you.

Will do.
Teena Adler

NIXMOMMIE
on 4/27/11 11:28 pm - NC
Teena, I am glad you are feeling better. Listen to your therapist, and don't be so hard on ourself. That's what I am constantly being told. Take care
Teena A.
on 4/27/11 11:34 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thx.

I appreciate it.

That is one of the hardest things, but I know it can be done.

Take care.
Teena Adler

Paulamarie
on 4/28/11 3:40 am
Teena, I'm crying after reading your post.  God bless you sweetheart.  I'm sorry you are in such turmoil.  I to am scared to death of gaining back the weight.  The statistics are scary and We don't want to fit in that typical weight gain catagory.  Take care of yourself you are beautiful!
Paula
Most Active