clothes shopping

Meredith I.
on 5/1/11 8:27 am - New Bern, NC
Okay, so I love to buy great clothes.  I have a closet full of wonderful clothes.  I've done lots of alterations to make them fit right and esp. if I lost more weight.  From the waist up I am about a 14-16 now.  But from the waist down I am in a no-man's-land between a plus-size and a "regular size".  My 18W pants and skirts that I've already had altered are now too big.  But when I try on a "regular" 18 or XL, they are usually too small.  I found a 16W that fit okay, but 16W is not very common.  I found ONE "regular" 18 that fit okay at Belks yesterday, but I had to try on SEVERAL before I found one that fit.  This is so frustrating!!  My height is another factor.  I'm tall, so most pants are too short too.

**sigh**  I think part of the problem is all the loose skin I have from the waist down.  I bet if I had it removed I'd probably be in a regular 16.
Meredith  Music Teacher in New Bern, NC (lost 48 lbs PRE-op!!)
http://bangertmusic.tripod.com/myweightlossjourney

lk1970
on 5/1/11 10:05 am
I'm 6ft tall and find great pants at New York and Company!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

huskerfan85
on 5/1/11 11:57 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I am 6'2" tall and have found good luck with JCPenney Worthington in 18 long.  I have also found pants in a 16w at Cold Water Creek in a long and also at Christopher and Banks.  All can be found online also.  Goodluck!!
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1377 views