A year out and my pouch still puts me in my place

Michelle J.
on 5/3/11 12:06 am - Isanti, MN
I made a homemade bean and chicken burrito for dinner and needless to say I must have eaten it too fast and not have chewed it entirely. This is the first time I had food stuck and the pain is awful. I couldn't take it anymore and I gulped a warm diet mt dew and that was all it took. I was just thinking yesterday that I've had no issues with this - yeah it made me aware it's still there and working.

Kathleen W.
on 5/3/11 1:10 am - Lancaster, PA

I'm 20 months out, and like you,  my pouch is still letting me know it's the boss.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

theonemonique
on 5/3/11 2:01 am
I am 17 months out and mine reminded me last night as well!  I got grilled green onion stuck...icky...since I didn't get it all chewed up.  But that is why I love my RNY.  It always reminds me to stay the course!!!
  waiting for wt loss to add up!  The one Monique!    
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 3:03 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I know it sounds icky, but sometimes the best thing to do is to just let it come back up. "urping" isn't as painful as you'd think, and for me it relieved the pain immediately. Fortunately, the pain of being stuck is such that you really don't want to repeat the experience so you learn to slow down and chew better as self-defense!

Good luck!
Michelle J.
on 5/3/11 3:21 am - Isanti, MN
believe you me - it did come back up. The diet mt dew really accelrated it though. I have learned from this to slow down and pay attention.

JudiJudi T
on 5/3/11 3:46 am
Ditto - 17 months out and 'urped' for the first time a couple of days ago.  Great reminder to slow down, pay attention, and go back to basics.  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Scott William
on 5/3/11 11:43 am
@ 5 and a half years out it can still get me but it is rare.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active