im at a loss here

megan pagliughi
on 5/3/11 3:14 am - larksville, PA

i have 46 lbs left to lose maybe less i have alot of extra skin im trying to get a loan for that right now but i started working out again and ive gained weight! i dont know what to do i know they say muscle weighs more but i still have weight to lose! i also need a mealpaln if someone has one they can share i am allergic to seafood! i deperatley need help i have fallen off the wagon! i have lost 186 lbs though =) that makes me smile

ChristineB
on 5/3/11 3:44 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On May 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM Pacific Time, megan pagliughi wrote:

i have 46 lbs left to lose maybe less i have alot of extra skin im trying to get a loan for that right now but i started working out again and ive gained weight! i dont know what to do i know they say muscle weighs more but i still have weight to lose! i also need a mealpaln if someone has one they can share i am allergic to seafood! i deperatley need help i have fallen off the wagon! i have lost 186 lbs though =) that makes me smile

Well, actually muscle does not weigh more than fat. #1of fat = #1 of muscle. It is just that muscle takes up less space than fat.

You did not say how much you have gained and over what time frame. You can gain some muscle when working out but it takes a while to do that and especially longer for a woman because we do not bulk out as much as men.  Only you can make the decision to stick with a new life style change. As far as a meal plan, I stick with 5-6 small meals a day at about 200 calories each. Protein first, veggies and fruits and then if there is any room for carbs I treat myself - a small treat.

on the 186 lost, you have reason to smile.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Johanna !
on 5/3/11 4:25 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Umm I am sorry to hijack your thread but Muscle doeshave more mass than fat and when people say "weighs more" they mean mass!! obviously 1 pound of one thing and another pound of something else weigh the same but that is not how one compares the MASS of items...

OK that made me feel better!!

You lost 186 Great for you!!  Now just start eating the way you know you should = protein first etc!!
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

e56700
on 5/3/11 10:23 am - Rochester, MI
I also eat about 6 small meals a day. I limit my intake to 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food. Protein first, followed by veggies followed by carbs. I really limit the carb intake. If you want to know the calorie count, take your goal weight x 10. That formula is for maintenance...not for losing weigh****ch the cheese and peanut butter. The south beach diet plan is a wonderful guideline.
megan pagliughi
on 5/4/11 3:59 am - larksville, PA
thanks for the replies ive only gained 2 lbs but ive only been with my trainer about 3 weeks now is that npormal!?

jdance
on 5/5/11 6:07 am - Canada
I was told when i lost 100lbs 10 to 15lbs of that loss would be muscle and to put it back on. So i am working on building muscle in my butt and thighs. So i'm not trying to gain weight but i am because i'm putting on muscle, but that said, it will help me burn more fat and relate to more weight loss. Does that make sense?
Also when i hit goal it will help me maintain and allow me to up my calories without putting any fat on.

It's a real balancing act that's for sure.

Awesome job on losing the weight, that is a major accomplishment.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 8:33 am, edited 5/5/11 8:33 am
Muscle mass is denser than fat mass so muscle takes up less space. If you have only gained 2# it could be anything, probably water. Everyone can have a 2# difference day to day.

Stop worrying.
Most Active
Weight loss surgery for teens?
MKMGirl · 4 replies · 179 views
18 years Post-op Man here.
DxE · 0 replies · 11 views