i need you guys help! ( NOT AN EMERGANCY)

mcrmsi77
on 5/10/11 12:13 pm - IN
So... I have to do a presentation in my professional development class and we can pick any topic as long as it is related to physical health, mental health, anything in our book etc. So i decided since i have been getting a lot of good information daily... i would do a paper on... can you guess... GASTRIC BYPASS!!!!!

So here is where you guys come in!!!

I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on what to include in the paper, i was really wanting to center it around common mtyhs about wls for example you dont ever have to diet ever again!so can you guys please please help me!!!! thanks so much also if you have any ideas on any handouts or visiuals i could use please feel free to share thanks so much!!!!!

thikchik057
on 5/10/11 12:23 pm - Whittier, CA
what abt the myth that its the easy way out
mcrmsi77
on 5/10/11 12:27 pm - IN
def. a good one thanks!!!!

remembrtherain
on 5/10/11 4:23 pm - San Francisco, CA
what about when people tell you to, "just diet and exercise more" instead of surgery...

or maybe the idea that people are indifferent toward what they don't understand?
thisbe777
on 5/10/11 4:47 pm
maybe that there is more to WLS than gastric bypass or the band?  i get tired of explaining to people that i had weight loss surgery, but i didn't have either one of those...

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Kathleen W.
on 5/10/11 9:50 pm - Lancaster, PA
How about jumping through hoops just to get a surgery date? Dealing with psych evaluations>    Still have to watch your diet and exercises.  Dumping, vomiting, taking vitamins the rest of your life(depending on your wls). And the best part?  Dealing with all the ******** who claim that we're taking the easy way out.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

acbbrown
on 5/11/11 12:02 am - Granada Hills, CA
Title of the paper: surgery wars!

Just copy and paste some threads from this website and your done!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mcrmsi77
on 5/11/11 1:42 am - IN
Surgery wars is perfect!!! Lol I am def. Going to use the myth that it's the easy way out and the points of that myth will be dumping, and taking vitamins, the process of getting surgery, and the fact that you still have to diet! I will also do like a little visual with the cups and spoons.
Then I think I will use the myth that you never have to diet again! And the myth that there is on one or two procedures! and more you can think of would be great when I done I will post a picture of it and show you how it's goes! Thank you guys for your help!!!

mcrmsi77
on 5/11/11 1:43 am - IN
Oh an the other myth is people just do it for cosmetic reasons!

Talk2me
on 5/11/11 3:30 pm - CA
RNY on 11/10/10 with
I felt ashamed to tell people I was doing it.  Like I was cheating or lazy..  It was a hard decision to have all your plumbing re-routed.  Anyone who does it knows it is a last resort and I don't want pity or judgement.  Just encouragement :)

Most Active