5 day pouch test, question.

nu-mi
on 5/11/11 8:28 am - Gilroy, CA
So I just felt like I needed to reset, get back to basics, I made up my mind and have been doing great and feel so good about doing well. My question is, day 3, I'm down over 10 lbs, am I going to gain that back? I'm staying super hydrated and getting in my protein but I'm eating very few calories obviously. So I'm shedding the weight but I'd hate to gain a large portion of it back once I start easing back into my diet. I realize I can't drink my intake forever so obviously I will slowly start progressing my diet, just wanted to get an idea what others have experienced so I'm not surprised and disappointed.

Thanks,
Amanda
                                   1st Goal Reached May 22nd, 2010      
So ready to continue this journey, so ready to reap all the rewards!    
karianne
on 5/11/11 9:35 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12
Hi Amanda,
I've done the 5dpt a few times over the last several times but didn't weigh myself daily, I just weighed myself the first day and the 6th day (when I was finished) and I was always down 5-10 pounds.  You know that you only lost some water weight so don't weigh yourself after 2 days lol.  It's really to get you off the starch and sugar cravings and see if your pouch is still giving you restriction.  So my answer is..........yes you will likely gain a little BUT if you didn't weight yourself after two days and waited until after the 5 you still would have lost weight.  Ultimately you are going to feel better and more in control of your food choices no matter what!!  Good Luck, Kari

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

nomoresugar
on 5/11/11 9:36 am
Maybe.  Weight loss is so individual.  There is no guarantee the 10 lbs will stay off, but nothing says it will come back, either.  Staying on track will get you 'there' eventually.
LIZA B.
on 5/11/11 10:38 pm - GARNER, NC
Hi, what is this 5 day pouch test and what exactlyn is it suppose to prove/accomplish?

Love & Peace,
Liza
jdance
on 5/12/11 2:59 am - Canada
Wow, I'm gonna have to give this a try.
I usually do a carb purge, just eat protein for 5 days, but i think i'll try the liquids for 5 days and see what happens.

I never gained back anything i lost doing the carb purge. Usually it was 5 days and i only weighed myself at the end of it.

But i wasn't on just fluids.

I was purging all sugars, carbs and such from my system. It's great. But i only do it once a month at most.

Best of luck
J

Most Active