not losing

leelin67
on 5/16/11 5:46 am - AZ
I had ryn surgery last March 3, I was 226 and went down to 190, but have gone back up to 200. I lost my medical insurance 3 mths after the surgery and haven't gotten another yet, husband just got a kob again in jan. and we got ins. back, anyway why am I not losing any more ??? For about 5 months now. I have been in a great depression  for a while , ma on meds but personal problems have been getting worse. anyway, I had knee replacement sury 5 years ago and need it to be redone and the other knee too, so I don't get alot of exercise, but I do clean house and do some other chores I can . what can be the problem?? I don't really eat alot I live alone the majority of the time, huisband works in another state , comes home once a month, so I don't cook often. Surgery went well and I recouped pretty fast. Help[ !!!!!Sorry for rambelling. but I need some feed-back. 
Katari
on 5/16/11 5:57 am - OR
How many calories are you getting a day? How many grams of Protein are you getting a day? Are you getting in all of your vitamins? Does any of your medicine have "weight gain" as a side effect? Do you still track what your eating everyday? Are you drinking with your meals? Are you eating things you shouldn't be? Lots of possibilities but we need more info on what you are doing to point out where improvement or change may be required.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Karen M.
on 5/16/11 6:11 am - Mississauga, Canada
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding - you had surgery in March 2010?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

leelin67
on 5/17/11 3:18 am - AZ

Yes, Karen ,I had the surgery in March 2010. Not soing good am I ???  Thanks for answering.

Karen M.
on 5/17/11 3:41 am - Mississauga, Canada
I can feel your frustration and concern.  It would be really helpful to know what you're eating, how much you're consuming, which vitamins you're taking, etc.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Davisvilletom
on 5/16/11 6:22 am
 What do you find is your biggest frustration when attempting to lose weight?
Do you know much about Metabolic Flexibility?
leelin67
on 5/16/11 8:34 am - AZ
what to eat and how much of fat and sugar I can eat.  No what is metabolic flexibility??
MsBatt
on 5/16/11 10:51 am
While trying to lose weight, you should eat as little sugar as humanly possible.

I suspect "Davisvilletom" is a troll, and 'metabolic flexibility' is the con he's come here to run.
k9ophile
on 5/16/11 12:01 pm
On May 16, 2011 at 5:51 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:
While trying to lose weight, you should eat as little sugar as humanly possible.

I suspect "Davisvilletom" is a troll, and 'metabolic flexibility' is the con he's come here to run.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15294056

At least there is a PubMed abstract on metabolic flexibility.  Time will tell if Davisvilletom is legit or a snake oil salesman.  Let's watch and see what develops.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

leelin67
on 5/17/11 3:22 am - AZ
OK Msbatt, thanks for answering. I will try.  What makes you say that about Davisvilletom? Have you had an experience before with him??   I'm dumb about metabolic stuff.  Thanksa again.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1343 views