Life Insurance????

blessedladyh
on 5/20/11 12:03 am

I recently tried to get more life insurance and was denied due to being over weight. Who offers life insurance for people like many of us that are over weight?

Becca20015
on 5/20/11 1:55 am
I have Prudential life insurance.  I had to have blood work done and a physical (if I remember correctly.).    Good luck.
Jewel_in_hiding
on 5/20/11 2:34 am - Raleigh, NC
Monumental sells a whole life policy that doesnt ask for weight.  However, if I remember right, the face value is limited to $25K
Top is my progress, Bottom is to Surgeon's Goal

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 6:02 am
 Thats an interesting question -  I would appreciate an answer to this too  .   My husband had gastric bypass ten years ago ....  and is an insulin deoendent  diabetic .

We need to buy a substantial life insurance policy that will pay off our newhouse in case anything happens to him and he cant work ... this is also for my  disabled  Father in Laws safety  whose coming to live with us and puting  what he has into this home...  

Anyone  can suggest likely companies  who will accept  him  with good rates  ? 
Bettisima
on 5/20/11 11:57 am
Life insurance is a hard one. I would first suggest term life insurance and not whole life. Unless you get life insurance from your employer, it's going to be expensive for an obese individual.

I listen to Dave Ramsey, and rather you agree with his ideals or not, you can use some of the tools he has available. He recommends a group called Zander Insurance, that will give you quotes from several different companies. It's worth taking a look.

If you have other affiliations such as USAA or AARP, those are worth checking out as well. My husband recently retired and we needed to replace his employer provided insurance. Make sure any company you choose does a physical. My husband has high blood pressure, gout, and is not obese. However after the physical and a review of his medical history, indicated that he was considered a 'preferred' candidate and we got what we needed for a reasonable price.
tiffanyyy1390
on 5/21/11 8:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
I have my life insurance through Nationwide
Most Active