So tired of this sugar crashing...

SarahF
on 5/25/11 3:22 am - Braintree, MA
I'm addicted to sugar.  I tell myself that I know it's bad for me...I eat sugar every day and feel so lathargic from it... and then once it wears off I do it again.

Well, I'm tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting this very second I am done.  I need to listen to my body.  She's screaming at me to stop!  

So I'm tossing all of the bad food out!

Does anyone else do this to themselve...or have in the past.  I can't be the only one?
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 3:33 am
What is your overall diet like. I have found that the only way I can fight the carb monster is to eat higher fat proteins. If you eat very low fat, that may lead to carb cravings.

SarahF
on 5/25/11 3:35 am - Braintree, MA
I don't eat well...crave carbs and sugar.  It might have a lot to do with my medicine.
I'm going to try to incorporate more protein in my diet. 
Katari
on 5/25/11 3:50 am - OR
You said you don't eat well? Can you give us an idea of what a normal day of food is like for you? How many grams of protein are you getting in per day? are you tracking your food still?
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

SarahF
on 5/25/11 3:54 am - Braintree, MA
I haven't been tracking.  This morning I had rice crispies with sugar and skim milk.  Then I had sweet cereal, two bowls (apple jacks).  No lunch... just frozen snickers bars... so the only protein I had so far is from the milk.  I put the cereal and candy down the garbage disposal.  It's gone.  
SarahF
on 5/25/11 3:55 am - Braintree, MA
As soon as I'm hungry I'm going to have a protein shake (carnation instant breakfast, sugar free).
Ladytazz
on 5/25/11 4:21 am
 I understand exactly what you are going through.  My addiction to refined carbs is bad, too.  I regained 100lbs with my first WLS because of it.  It is serious business.
I wish I had advice for you but at my worse I couldn't even help myself.  What finally worked for me was having a revision only because having major surgery forced me to detox from the carbs and then completely avoiding all refined carbs.  I know of no other way.  Refined carbs make me crave more.  Pure and simple.  I can't have just one piece of bread or one cookie.  I could try but in the end the results were always the same, lack of control and weight piling on rapidly.
I know OA works for people with addictions.  Have you checked them out?  They have online meetings.  Also, therapy or counseling helps.
I wish you the best.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

SarahF
on 5/25/11 4:26 am - Braintree, MA
Thank you.  That makes sense!

I just had a Lean Cuisine Sweet and Sour Chicken entree.  It felt nice eating real food.

Katari
on 5/25/11 5:59 am - OR
Looking at your replies so far here is what I see:

A. Your eating things high in carbs not enough protein. You should be getting close to 100g of protein a day. You are no where near that. The absolute minimum you should be getting in is 85g. It doesn't sound like your near that either. First thing I would do is start tracking my food. There are plenty of online trackers like Fitday, Loseit, myfitnesspal, sparkpeople. etc. All are free, and you can track your protein/carbs/fats/sugars. I find that if I eat more carbs I get hungry faster (carbs don't have any staying power) and eat more often. If you get in your required protein per meal than i don't crave things as much. Get an idea of what you are eating, and what needs to be changed. The first thing I see as stated is your lack of protein. You really need to up that.

B. How are you doing vitamin wise? Are you getting in all of them? When did you have your last labs and what did they look like?

C. Start posting here and on the RNY forum. Even if all you do is read it will help you re-learn what you need to be doing, as well as offer support.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

jkjstars123
on 5/25/11 10:38 am - Tama, IA
I too started eating way too many carbs and I'm also tired of it. This last monday I started on the Atkins diet. The first two weeks you are on a very low carb diet (20 g). Focus on protein. Then after that you can add more carbs. Go to a local library and check out a book on it.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1260 views