Perfect body forever or one million dollars ?

hercules411
on 5/25/11 1:30 am
Americans put a lot of stock in the number they see on the scale.
   A new survey conducted by Kelton Research on behalf of Nutrisystem finds a quarter of Americans would rather have a perfect body than win a million dollars.
   Nearly half of those polled said they would wish to be thinner before wishing to be five years younger.
   Half of respondents reported feeling more stressed-out and tired when they gain weight.
   More than half who had tried to lose weight also admitted comparing themselves to other people.
---

I don't expect to ever have a perfect body... but I really can't put a price on good health.

How do you feel?
Max wt. 500+  WLS workshop  4/6/09 440 Surgery  9/21/09  324   9/21/10  218
Save $4 on Obesity Help magazine subscription using promo code: HERCULES
www.obesityhelp.com/store/action,addtocart/itemId,1/pcode, hercules /

Kim S.
on 5/25/11 1:38 am - Helena, AL
Give me the million!  In my mind, my body is as perfect as it can be now.  Even before surgery, I would've taken the money!! 

It is sad how much we as a society stress about less than perfect bodies, but so few are willing to put in the work necessary to make the body they have as perfect as it can be.  Whether that path is change in diet and exercise alone or with the aid of a tool like WLS, it requires complete change and few are really willing to commit to it for the long term. 

I speak from experience.  For years I tried every "get thin quick" plan and failed over and over.  I loved to complain about it, but if someone ever said "eat less and move more" I just wanted to punch them....and they were right.....however, without the aid of my surgery to curb the massive hunger I always had, I couldn't pull it off long term (not that I really ever tried long term if I'm being totally honest). 

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 1:42 am
I would definitely take the money over a perfect bod. Then I could spend a few grand on plastics. Maybe not perfect but good enough.
TXKashmir
on 5/25/11 1:46 am - Grand Prairie, TX
With a million dollars, I could BUY a perfect body - show me the money!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

cajungirl
on 5/25/11 2:12 am
Show me the money.  No one has a perfect body, expecting to have one isn't reasonable IMO.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

4catz
on 5/25/11 2:23 am
LOL!!  Show me the money too.  With the money, I could pay for a personal trainer, good workout equipment and, as already stated, plastics.  Money can help buy better health, but it, still depends on you and your attitude and your desire for it.  Elena

Surgery Weight: 275
MsBatt
on 5/25/11 2:25 am
"Perfect body FOREVER" sounds like immortality to me---I'll take THAT. (*grin*)

But if we discount immortality, we still need to define "perfect". To me, a "perfect" body would be in the best possible health, strong, have all its own teeth (*grin*), and be pain-free. That's something no amount of money could buy, nor could money ever compare with. So again, I'll take a "perfect" body.

But that's not to say I couldn't use a million dollars...
Nic M
on 5/25/11 2:27 am
I'd take the money and move my imperfect fat hiney to an island nation where I could sit in the sun and paint on the beach all day.

I bet a lot of people would take a perfect body over some semblance of intelligence, too. And, God knows, more people could use a dose of smarts over a round ass and washboard abs. (Hellloooo, Jersey Shore cast, I'm tawkin' to youse!)

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Still Fawn
on 5/25/11 3:03 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Nobody is perfect, but I am good enough thank you very much. Give me the money I will just keep on as I am!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

mkbeany
on 5/25/11 3:08 am
Gimme the cash!

I am 165 pounds lighter than I was 2 years ago.
I have my health back.
I have a daughter and a partner who love me.
It is all I need.
I don't need a perfect body.

(but I would love to pay off some bills!!)

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1330 views