I ate a BIG NoNo need advise

Teresa B.
on 6/4/11 1:36 am - Marion, IL
I had my surgery on 08/03/09 and everything is fine.  However this morning I fixed white gravy for breakfast and had whole wheat bread with it.  I know it was wrong but did it anyway.  My questions for all of you is I am not dumping but just feel jittery and feel like I can feel my heart race fast.   Anyone have any ideas on this?  

Thanks for you help,
Teresa B 
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

4catz
on 6/4/11 1:43 am
Why is that wrong unless you know you dump on it?  It's not something you'd want to eat on a regular basis as that's the sort of stuff that will ultimately be our trouble, but if it doesn't bother you, why not as a treat now and then?  Just don't eat that way every day.  Your fast heart beat and jittery feeling could just as well be anxiety just because you ate something that you feel is a NoNo...  Just saying...  I hope you feel better soon and don't kick yourself for it. 

Surgery Weight: 275
Teresa B.
on 6/4/11 1:56 am - Marion, IL
 Thank you!!
Teresa  I now have a new & healthy life!

HW 245/ PO 242.8 /SW 234.1/ GW 145 CW 132 (Total Loss -110.8 lbs)

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/11 2:29 am
I agree with 4cats.  You aren't gonna do this every day.  It's a little treat.  You gotta enjoy life.  You are no longer the prisoner of food.  You are in control.   Don't feel guilty.  It was a treat. 

I hope your weekend is super!
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/11 2:53 am
Remember, this is a lifetime, not a diet.  What you ate was perfectly reasonable and your WLS allowed you to enjoy it in moderation.  It's okay!
readytobeme2010
on 6/4/11 4:26 am - elkton, MD
I am SO about moderation. I do not deprive myself of anything. I don't dump nor do I have side effects except an occasional food being stuck etc. I had a small piece of cake on mothers day, I have a few bites of ice cream etc....its ALL on rare occasion but I know myself that if I deprive I will end up binging, if not now, later when I can eat more ya know? I personally say skinny people eat what they want just not alot of it, so why the heck can't I?

Mysstwalker
on 6/4/11 9:06 am - Riverside, CA
RNY on 01/30/08 with
For me, there is NO forbidden food to me. I can eat anything I want to...however, now I have the ability and knowledge to CHOOSE not to eat some of that stuff. Other things, yes I have them, within reason. I ask myself three questions before I decide to have something that isnt necessarily on plan:

1. Have I gotten in my protein for the day, or am in the process of getting it in for the day?
2. Have I gotten in all my fluids?
3. Have I taken my supplements for the day?

If I can answer yes to those questions, nothing is off-limits to me. Whether it is a soda, something carb-laden, some chips, whatever, I have an appropriate portion that satisfies me. Then, I move on and go on with the things I know I need to do to maintain my weightloss. I refuse to go through life on a diet. I enjoy my way of eating now, because I am very much a carnivore. The day I look at any food as forbidden, is the day I would be on a diet. And that just isnt happening! A life without bacon and chocolate is no life for me! Dont beat yourself up, move on, occasionaly treats are not going to make you a WLS failure!

Linda_S
on 6/4/11 11:02 am - Eugene, OR
 But is it a treat if it makes you sick?  

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

MsBatt
on 6/4/11 12:09 pm
WHY do you think this is a "big no-no"? You're a normal person, aren't you? Don't normal people eat this?
Mistymystique
on 6/4/11 1:55 pm
My doc calls this late dumping.

Mistymystique       

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
--
Douglas Adams

Most Active