Tri-Care Question

dbyarbro
on 6/4/11 11:05 am - Cypress, CA
I am 2 years out, and have Kaiser (southern Ca) insurance as well.  I am having breast reduction surgery in a few months but really need to have major skin removal on my upper belly and lower belly.  Kaiser will do a small surgery on my Pannius (spelling) but it is just a small issue.  I also am having a rash problem at my belly button due to my body type and hanging skin, but Kaiser will not touch it as it would be more of a tummy tuck surgery or a body lift.  Does anyone out there know if/of Tri Care covering any of this?  I would appreciate any help and suggestions
Thanks all

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Elizabeth N.
on 6/4/11 11:45 am - Burlington County, NJ
Once in a blue moon they will approve something like a panniculectomy if there are intractible medical issues. You can give it a shot, but don't get your hopes up. They will NOT cover a full tummy tuck or anything cosmetic.

Mistymystique
on 6/4/11 1:40 pm
Yes, Tricare will cover it. Go to your PCP and ask for a referral to derm. Have derm CLEARLY state what the issues are. Take that back to your PCP for a referral to plastic surgery. I know it sounds like a pain in the ass, but you know the military....

Mistymystique       

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
--
Douglas Adams

moondancer2000
on 6/4/11 10:55 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
 I was just denied by tricare for removal of my panni.  I am heart broken.  

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

dbyarbro
on 6/5/11 10:57 pm - Cypress, CA
Thank you for the input.  I think I will just give it a shot.  I am just not sure how to find a good doctor under the insurance.  I guess I will ask around, my hubby is retired, so there really are not any connections as in co-workers to ask for recommendations.  I am thinking that maybe my co-workers that do not have Kaiser but other insurances might have a doctor that takes Tri-Care as well and can recommend a PCP. 

I am sorry Moondancer that you were denied

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

_Donna_
on 6/6/11 12:19 am
What I was told by tricare was.... if I could prove 5 years of skin issues due to excess skin they might approve a tummy tuck. She said every time I see my family doctor, complain about something no matter how small.
Good luck

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1342 views