i need help.. going out for dinner 6 days out [xpost]

miss_shavontae
on 6/7/11 4:55 am
im 6 days out & my mom is in town & we're supposed to go out to eat sometime this week.. my question is this, am i 100% all outta options with enjoying something? i'm on liquids. could i have soup or should i jus bring my jell-o & water for those couple hours?

thank yu.
       HW: 308 |  SW: 288 |  CW: 237 |  GW: 187

mkbeany
on 6/7/11 5:02 am
I had to go to an office function when I was still on liquids.
(I was on 2 weeks of clears followed by 2 weeks of fulls)

Anyway...it was an Italian place.

I ordered a cup of Minestrone and ate spoonfulls of the broth...pushing aside the veggies and stuff.

Everyone in the office knew I had surgery so it was not a big deal.

I have never been one to take my own stuff into an eating establishment. I just find something on the menu and make it work.

Good luck!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
miss_shavontae
on 6/7/11 10:39 am
 thank you. i agree i never take my own stuff in either. a bottle water is fine but i meant having jello on stash in case there wasn't anything or i wanted something to 'snack' on.

=]

ShootersGal24
on 6/7/11 5:53 am - South St. Paul, MN

I too ran into this dilemma, I simply ordered the tomato basil soup and added my protein powder and enjoyed dinner.

Depending on where you go, you should be OK finding something "liquid" to have and just bring along protein powder to mix so you get your protein for your meal.

Enjoy your visit with your mom!

Kelly

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Fm5C4/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Fm5C4/weight.png">>

miss_shavontae
on 6/7/11 10:40 am
 thank you. i'm enjoying every minute. so glad she was able to come help me and be there for the surgery =]

all the protein powders i have are flavored. where's a good place to order unflavored?

nomoresugar
on 6/7/11 6:05 am
Most restaurants will not allow you to bring in and eat your own food.  It is a liability issue.  However, they can be very helpful in providing something for you.  I have even asked them to strain a soup, or at least leave out as many 'bits' as possible.  Just don't try to eat, you can injure yourself.
mel1964
on 6/7/11 6:45 am
i went to a family dinner outing to a steak house! i stuck with the soup and picked out anything that was not mush! i also drank a lot of water and hot tea, and yes if they have jello you might have to pay an arm and a leg for it,  it is not easy, but just remind yourself that you have a new tummy and you dont want to upset it!

miss_shavontae
on 6/7/11 10:41 am
 very true! thanks. i knew i came to the right place for answers. as always =]

Most Active