Zumba anyone????

noja
on 6/13/11 6:01 am - Hermansville, MI
Hey,  there is a new Zumba class in my area that meets twice a week and I've been thinking of trying it out.  Any feedback on Zumba from experienced participants would be appreciated.  :)  Wondering if it's right for me before I waste my time and money.  I have a total knee replacement in my left leg, so high impact and lots of twisting is out for me.

Kathy S.
on 6/13/11 6:51 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
 Hi Noja,

I take this class twice a week and LOVE IT!  What I love about it is you can go your own pace and I can't do high impact due to bad knees either, so I just do what ever my feet want to. The idea is to move, have fun and burn fat while you are doing it.  My classes are with the Y, so I am not sure about the value or your cost.

Ask if you can take a few free classes first before paying for them.  I am headed there tonight and Friday there is a Zumba class in the pool.  Now that should be interesting.

Good Luck and have fun!

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

steelerfan1
on 6/13/11 7:01 am, edited 6/13/11 7:02 am

I love Zumba !!! I have knee problems and I just modify to fit my needs if they do things I cant do .  I have lost some great inches in my hips from zumba.  I have went from 68 in my  hips down to a 57 :o)

I do zumba on Monday and Wed nights and Wed morning.  I do the Curves Circuit with Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday.

It's the only exercise that I have found that I love and have actually stuck with it since January .  Now I dont like the Wii zumba.  It has to be a live class for me

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

martitalinda
on 6/13/11 9:35 am
 I love Zumba ... zumba fitness... zumba toning (with weights) and aqua zumba. Four x a week ... I run every morning at 4 a.m. ... Swim every other day ... and belly dance class 1x weekly ... but I just love zumba too... You will enjoy it.... Check with your doctor for clearance before embarking on any type of exercise ...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

SandieMc49
on 6/13/11 9:41 pm
I was just thinking "yes, I get to go to Zumba tonite".  My gym has classes twice a week.  And I so love it.  Although I attend other classes, Zumba gives your body a different type of workout as compared to traditional aerobic exercise. 

As long as your doctor thinks it okay for you to go, Zumba routines can be modified to accommodate physical limitations. 

Enjoy!

Sandie
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/11 10:15 am - Charlotte, NC
It's addicting! You will soon look for other classes to make it 5 days a week. It takes about 3 classes to get the rhythm and then you will feel like a 'pro'. I love it and look forward to going back as soon as my surgery is completed. The weight not only drops off, but you get toned too. Hope you love it as much!
Most Active