Anyone want to do the 5 Day Pouch test with me?

SarahF
on 6/15/11 10:31 am - Braintree, MA
I think this is just what I need.  I'd love to have a buddy to chat with through this.  I'm going to start tomorrow (Thursday).
Let me know!

Sarah
MsBatt
on 6/15/11 12:27 pm
Forgive my ignorance, but just what IS this 5-day pouch test thing I keep hearing people talk about? What is it supposed to do for you?
Karen M.
on 6/15/11 9:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada
It's a 5 day detox, basically.  Some people think it will "shrink the pouch".  Not so much. I've done it a couple of times to get back to basics and off the carbs. It's all protien basically, starting with 2 days of protein shakes and working back up to dense protein by day 5.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/17/11 12:31 am
sounds like a crash diet to me, which I don't do. I can understand having to go off simple carbs, though, you get to eating them and just want more & more.

but I don't see why you have to go liquids & so on - some people swear by it but I would swear at it as I hate rules like that. maybe it's only for those who have a pouch?

www.5daypouchtest.com/

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MsBatt
on 6/17/11 5:32 am
Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me, too. Why not just go Atkins induction instead?
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/17/11 9:42 am
that's what I say.

maybe because the 5DPT is for WLS peeps specifically?  peeps enjoy the "structure" (AKA rules)

go with Atkins is what I say.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

MsBatt
on 6/17/11 2:01 pm
I'm a renegade---I don't do well with 'rules'. (*grin*)
SarahF
on 6/15/11 9:41 pm - Braintree, MA
Thanks Karen... I'm doing it to get off of eating sugar and carbs.  I haven't been eating well for a long time and eat more than I should be.
Karen M.
on 6/15/11 10:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I have found it *extremely* helpful when I have done it to kick the freakin' carbs to the curb.  Those first couple days are killer tho! LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

SarahF
on 6/15/11 10:36 pm - Braintree, MA
I woke up hungry and told myself that I really wanted some toast... I had the bread in my hand and told myself that in the end it's going to be worth it.  I put the bread down and made myself a shake instead.  I feel satisfied now.  I just need to tell myself no when I get cravings.  I haven't been eating well since December 2007.  That's all going to change!
Most Active