Anyone unable to drink over 64 oz of water at 3 or 4 months out???

Elena22
on 6/21/11 6:51 am
I've read many times that by 3 months out (sometimes earlier) a lot of people are getting in 75 to 100 oz of water a day. Or more. I struggle to get my 64 oz in still.  To the long termers out there, any of you have problems with weight loss due to not drinking enough water? Or does it vary what each individual is able to drink? It's very rare that I get over 64 oz in, but I do always at least get that amount in.  Am I drinking enough?
~ Elena.

NursieGirl
on 6/21/11 7:27 am
For me personally, my weight loss slowed if I got less than 100oz daily, but I had a friend who struggled to get more than 60oz daily for the first year, and she still struggles.  64 ounces may be sufficient, unless you eat a high sodium diet, take certain medications, live in a hot climate or exercise.  If so, you'll need more.

ktharp89
on 6/21/11 8:42 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I still struggle and feel like I have a good liquid day if I get in 40 oz.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Lorrainecma
on 6/21/11 8:49 am
 I struggle every day to get all my water in. I dont know how ppl do it. 
walterswife
on 6/21/11 8:56 am
After 18 months it's still an issue with me.  Often I drink when I wake up in the middle of the night.  Just hang in there.  It does get better.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 6/21/11 11:52 am
It is a little hard to do. But, yes, I get 64 oz or more.  I drink constantly, it seems like.
Chilipepper
on 6/21/11 11:59 am
Your weight loss will slow and you will get sick from dehydration.  

There are 24 hours in a day..there is no reason why you shouldnt be getting in your water.  You need to have a cup with you all day...and by your bed all night. 

99% of the time...it is not a medically caused "can't"...its a I don't feel like it or I am not taking it seriously enough "can't"

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

MsBatt
on 6/21/11 12:00 pm
I've pretty much lived with a glass in my hand since surgery. It's been a long time, but I seem to remember that by the time I was a couple of months out, I was drinking close to a GALLON (128 ounces) every day. But I'm certain that I started out with a larger stomach than you have---back when I had my DS, they were making sleeves about 3-5 ounces.
Emily F.
on 6/21/11 1:32 pm
I struggle with it as well and really have to be prepare, I carry gatorade with me always and make protein shakes.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 4:03 pm
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1470 views