How Do We Gastric Bypass Patients Know Were Pregnant?

internetnut
on 6/26/11 8:01 am - elmira, NY
Yeah I know it probably sounds funny, but what I mean is with gas how do I know fluttering from gas? I've never been pregnant have never been able to. I've been off my patch since Dec. I've had nausea since March. Actually have to go to have scope test done on July 8th to see if I have a ulcer cause I have morning nausea so bad I can't eat until 3 hours after getting up. I've taken 3 home pregnancy test all neg, waiting on blood tests results should get them tomorrow. But I've been doing some reading as for my period it only lasted 3 days last month and this month I am 17 days last,  pimples everywhere but really not my face, nausea yeap even just got so nauseaed now without eating or drinking to the point I could toss my cookies and then the sweats, I wanna sleep more during the day and not much at night, cravings they are normal for me I was just craving meatloaf now I just wanna turn my nose up at it and hurl I guess I won't be eating meatloaf tonight, bloating just got it with the nausea like I had eating a bucket of sugar and I ate or drank nothing. Can't remember everything else, but whatelse could this be? I'm going crazy wondering. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 9:19 am - San Jose, CA

Please tell me you are kidding.

The "fluttering" - which comes from being able to feel the baby's movements - doesn't happen until about the 4th or 5th month, especially the first time.  With 3 neg HPTs, it is highly unlikely you are pregnant, and surely not far enough along to feel anything.

You should go out and get a basic book about pregnancy NOW if you are trying to get pregnant, to get answers to this kind of question.

internetnut
on 6/26/11 10:38 am - elmira, NY
On June 26, 2011 at 4:19 PM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:

Please tell me you are kidding.

The "fluttering" - which comes from being able to feel the baby's movements - doesn't happen until about the 4th or 5th month, especially the first time.  With 3 neg HPTs, it is highly unlikely you are pregnant, and surely not far enough along to feel anything.

You should go out and get a basic book about pregnancy NOW if you are trying to get pregnant, to get answers to this kind of question.

Actually we are not trying to or preventing right now. We are renewing our vows this August and if it happens it happens. If not then after August we plan to try. Matter fact I do have pregnancy books, plan to sit down with them after August. I can't explain the 3 neg tests neither can my Dr. so she sent me for bloodwork Saturday morning, waiting for results tomorrow. Thanks for the info, this is helpful!

M M
on 6/26/11 10:17 am
 You wouldn't feel fetal movement for many, many weeks into the pregnancy if you were pregnant.  

"S ome pregnant women (the very thin, or those who have had previous children) first feel their baby's movement as early as the fourth month. Most women won't be aware of, or recognize, the flits and twitches (which can feel a lot like gas or muscle spasms) for at least another few weeks. 

By the fifth month, most women are feeling the fidgets and squirms of their active little tenant. The baby's routines will grow increasingly acrobatic (and the punches more powerful) as those little muscles get stronger and those fledgling motor skills develop."

-What to Expect

internetnut
on 6/26/11 10:34 am - elmira, NY

Sorry need to clarify....I read this in early signs of pregnancy and I too thought 4 month not early like 2-3 months that's why I questioned how would one know. Sorry I forgot to mention that. 

c5felsspirit
on 6/26/11 10:47 am - lake cormorant, MS
Have the dr do an Ultrasound that will be definative on pg or not.....
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

internetnut
on 6/26/11 1:22 pm - elmira, NY
On June 26, 2011 at 5:47 PM Pacific Time, c5felsspirit wrote:
Have the dr do an Ultrasound that will be definative on pg or not.....
I may go with the Ultrasound if the blood work comes back neg. If I don't start soon. I have a scope test on July 8th and I just wanna make sure it's gonna be safe to do. Thanks for the info!

SomethingClever
on 6/26/11 11:00 am, edited 6/26/11 11:00 am
Sometimes the home pregnancy tests aren't totally accurate. I remember thinking this site was funny and helpful in learning about pregnancy tests. It's good fun anyway.

www.peestickparadise.com

Good luck to you!
internetnut
on 6/26/11 1:18 pm - elmira, NY
On June 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, SomethingClever wrote:
Sometimes the home pregnancy tests aren't totally accurate. I remember thinking this site was funny and helpful in learning about pregnancy tests. It's good fun anyway.

www.peestickparadise.com

Good luck to you!
Thank you! I will check it out! I know they aren't always accurate but I figured after being 17 days late and 3 tests something has to pop up if I am. But my girlfriend took 3 months to get her blood tests to say she was 3 months pregnant.

Jackie McGee
on 6/26/11 11:16 am - PA
Are you serious?

You do what every woman does - you take a pregnancy test.

And you don't feel the baby move until at least the 4th month.

Please do more research before you DO get pregnant.

And you could have an ulcer, so it's good that you're getting the scope done.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

Most Active