I'm New

~*K J*~
on 6/27/11 7:54 am - MD
 Hello All, 

I am a 32 year old married mother of a 10 year old girl. I have had my ups and downs with weight and am so ready to be healthy again. Thank you for all of your posts that are helping me understand what i may go through. I am having the Rouex-En-Y after my insurance approval comes through. I have my last nutritional counseling appointment on July 7th and then the paperwork will be submitted. If all goes well it looks like a September surgery. I could not be more excited!!! Thank you for all of your posts!!!

~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

Kathleen W.
on 6/27/11 8:19 am - Lancaster, PA
Good Luck.  I'm glad that you're taking control of your life, not only for your sake, but for your daughter.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

cmcd1070
on 6/27/11 8:41 am - denver, CO
Good Luck!! :)

Arianasmama
on 6/27/11 10:52 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Good Luck!

Be Blessed            
luckyflowers
on 6/27/11 1:26 pm - OH
Hi and welcome. You have come to the best place for everything. The support is amazing. I wish you nothing but the best. You have just made the best choice! If I can be of any help please ask away!
Lorrainecma
on 6/27/11 1:39 pm
 Good luck!!! I wish that I had been smarter, and taken control when I was your age, but then again the surgery has come a very long way since then!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 6:08 pm
Me too I'm new here and I hopr to meet some new friends.
SandieMc49
on 6/27/11 9:48 pm
Hey there - well, I'm old enough to be your mother - bahahahahaha, but I am so excited for you!

I was 59 when I had my WLS.  Why did I wait so long?  Because it had never occurred to me to do it sooner.  What happened to me at age 59?  I had picked up 3 prescriptions - and two of them had a co-pay of $100 each.  It was like a slap in the face and I clearly remember thinking "the only reason I'm on these dayumed things is because of my weight and I am going to do something about it TODAY"!

And, well, I did.  And here I am 3 years later on no medications except for the supplements. 

Stay connected with OH - the support here is wonderful!

Sandie
So Blessed!
on 6/27/11 10:37 pm

Welcome to OH.
tc531
on 6/27/11 11:31 pm
 Hi, 

I am a 38 year old mother of an 8 year old girl.  I am in the process of preparing for the sleeve and my surgery is scheduled for September 28th.  I am not nervous at all, except for the pysch eval!  Though I think I am pretty normal, I can't imagine why it is a 3 hour long session!  Sheesh!  What can I expect?  
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1373 views