Here to re-motivate myself...

Pitoune
on 7/3/11 12:36 am - Montréal, Canada
Ok, i'm back and going to commit to visiting OH regularly to motivate myself...
I will be 5 year's post-op in September and slowly regaining, had lost 162 pounds the 1st year and then got pregnant and now in the last year have gained 30 pounds, that is 55 pounds regained since pre-pregnancy !!
So i'm hoping to re-learn the basics and try to stop the bad habits.
Wishing all a great Sunday! 
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

Maryellen R.
on 7/3/11 12:47 am - Sayville, NY
 WELCOME BACK!  
I am also 5 years post op and consider myself a work in progress with lots of starting over.....lol!

START OVER!
If you’ve started out in pursuit of your goal
And you’ve really tried with your heart and your soul,
but somehow things got out of control —
START OVER.
When you’ve tried your best to do what you should
And you thought this time that you surely would,
But once again, you didn’t do good —
START OVER.
When you’ve worked so hard to follow a dieter’s way
And you fought to win a victory each day
But one more time you went astray —
START OVER.
When you’ve tried so hard to yourself to be true
And do the things that you know you should do
But once again you failed to come through —
START OVER.
When the road to success seemed much too long
And each temptation was oh so strong
And once again you gave in to wrong —
START OVER.
When you’ve told your friends what you planned to do
And trusted them to help you through
But soon discovered it’s up to you —
START OVER.
When you know you must be physically fit,
But your hope seems gone and you’re stuck in a pit
That’s not the time for you to quit —
START OVER.
When the week seems long and successes few
And at weigh-in time you’re feeling blue
Remember tomorrow is just for you —

START OVER
To start again means a victory’s been won
And starting over again means a race well run
And starting over again proves it can be done
So don’t just sit there —
START OVER. (Author Unknown)

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

martitalinda
on 7/3/11 12:57 am
 Welcome back!!!!! You can do it!!!! Life is full of starting overs ... ask me how I know.... Stay positive my beautiful sista ... with determination one day at a time we walk this journey for life .... you have my full support and encouragement .... WISHING YOU A GREAT SUNDAY TOO!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Pitoune
on 7/3/11 2:35 am - Montréal, Canada
Thanks for the words of encouragement, much appreciated!!
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

gigiof2
on 7/3/11 10:21 pm - Dorcheste, SC
I am 7 years post op RNY...rapidly lost 99 lbs....many traumas and dramas in my life then occurred....I am not making excuses but life happens and you put yourself on the back burner.  Well it has come a time in my life when to do for others I have got to do for myself and get myself healthy again.  I have gained about 40 lbs over the past 6 years...I have that hypoglycemic thing going on and some other pain issues...I would love to know how to get started again and any advice would be wonderful!
sealebaby
on 7/3/11 11:39 pm - BLOUNTSTOWN, FL
I have found that being really aware of my food choices help. I do a journal of my food every day, and measure my food. I can only eat about 900 calories so have to be very focuces. I also use low calorie protein drinks to help and they are 15 grams of protein, help with hunger, I do very little starches and breads. The doctor told me it would be high protein and low carbs for life and it is the only way I can maintain. Crystal light, lean protein and low fats help keep the calories down. Lots of water, I am also hypoglyemic since surgery and do 6 small servings a day if possible. Just little meals with protein and carb together keeps sugar up some. Like cheese and fruit, etc. keep trying and you must listen to your body, the foods that make you feel good are right, and the ones that dont need to be gone. If I want peanut butter I use PB2 which is only 45 calories and no fat, is powder that  you add water to, tastes amazing and easier to portion control. little changes go a long way...sugar free jello. etc...good luck

gigiof2
on 7/3/11 11:47 pm - Dorcheste, SC
Thanks for your help and advice what kind of protein drinks do you use?
sealebaby
on 7/3/11 11:30 pm - BLOUNTSTOWN, FL
 hello and congrats on what you done. It takes a lot of courage to say you need help and to restart. I have lost 163 pounds from highest weight, post op 9 years. I am at my goal most days(lol) but it is an everyday challenge. I have 15 pounds up and down I battle and it is hard to keep starting over. I just remind myself of the health benefits and I can not go back. I get back to basics when I struggle, my water, my protein drinks (the ones I use are only 70 calories and mix with water). I do actually now work in a weight loss center and have learned alot about myself and my food choices that surgery did not teach me, and that makes it easier. Just rememeber that little things like measuring your portions and counting your calories can help, and think about every choice, It wil be worth it! If you need support I am here for you!

gigiof2
on 7/3/11 11:45 pm - Dorcheste, SC
Thanks for your help...I really don't think that I get hungry...I think I just eat because I think I should...where do you get the protein drinks? 
webinfochick
on 7/4/11 4:49 am - brunswick, GA
I see we had the same surgeon. I get my protein drinks from the WLS doctor in Brunwick, but you can get a lot of it online. I have tried the cheap stuff at Wal-mart, but it clumps up and I don't like the taste. I am also lactose intolerant, so I like the fruit flavored drinks.

Take care,
Alicia
Alicia
5'5"
240/133/125

Most Active