My first stall..I hope!!

Tracy M.
on 7/6/11 7:54 am - KY
I have lost about 150 lbs total since I started this journey but this past week the weight seems to be hanging on. I'm getting pretty frustrated too. I have been at this since November and had surgery in march and this is the first time I have stalled. I just hope its a stall and my weighloss hasn't stopped..I'm living pretty much on shakes. I do eat a little bit of other stuff but noting I think would stop my losing. Usually just an egg or some nuts during the day in between shakes. I have had a few pork rinds too. Is that bad? Any suggestions as to what I should do to kickstart my weighloss again??

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

webinfochick
on 7/6/11 8:33 am - brunswick, GA
Sometimes it is just your body catching up with the weight loss. It is almost always temporary, if you have been following your doctor's plan. I hit these plateaus several times during my first year. Just follow you plan and be patient.

If, for some reason, you don't lose after another week, then it could be several things. One thing may be you are not eating enough. Another is that you need to drink more water.

Don't despair. It happens to just about all of us.

Alicia
Alicia
5'5"
240/133/125

debbie13
on 7/6/11 9:54 am - Cossayuna, NY
 I'd venture to say you need to do two things. Shake up your exercise and add more food. It could very well be a stall but if you are "living pretty much on shakes" your body is going to rebel. Your body will hang on to everything because it thinks it is being starved which is basically what is happening for the first couple of months. Time to try to get to a normal diet. We weren't meant to live on nothing but shakes. As good as some shakes are, they do not provide everything we need.  

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Tracy M.
on 7/6/11 10:10 am - KY
Actually the 2 shakes a day is what my doctor wants me to do. I just dont want to eat and don't really know what or how much anyway. I was hoping the shakes would do it. Hopefully it will pick back up soon. I can worry a bit too much sometimes.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Lorrainecma
on 7/6/11 10:44 am
 Tracy, 
I know a stall is the last thing you want right now, but if look back at all the weight that you have lost without a stall, I think that is fantastiac. I have already had several stalls. In fact I go through at least one stall every month. Then when I start my cycle, I start to lose weight again.

I am just so proud of how well you have done!!!!!!!
Tracy M.
on 7/6/11 11:16 am - KY
Thanks Lorraine...It might be why I am having a stall. I have been having my cycle for weeks. I go to my gyn next week to get it seen to. I think I need a stronger pill and she wants me to do depo but I refused. I will hopefully get this under control soon.

Tracy

Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Lorrainecma
on 7/9/11 10:54 pm
 I have read where a lot of WLS patients have very iregular cycles for a while after surgery. They say it has something to do with the hormones going crazy!!!!
Karen P.
on 7/9/11 11:29 pm
I loose in cycles too...2 weeks with no loss then 1 or 2 weeks with good weight loss. My doc says that's very common for women who still have a cycle. He also said that our bodies get very used to the same routine...you probably have to change up your food/excercise a little to shake things up. Good luck! You're doing great.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1508 views