Mushy Diet Anyone Just Chew Their Food Versus Food Processor?!Is This Bad?

Rachael Richardson
on 7/9/11 2:06 am, edited 7/9/11 2:14 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
This may sound strange, however, has anyone just chewed for example a piece of chicken in their mouth until it is a pureed or soft food consistency versus putting it in a food processor? 

I bought a mini food processor and have been putting sliced chicken, shrimp etc and blending it to a moist/ mushy consistency as instructed by my NUT.  However, the other day I was at a friend's house and they had some cold shrimp on a platter and I decided to try a piece.   I chewed it until it was the same consistency as if I placed into the mini food processor. 

I panicked and spit it out because I was scared.  However, has anyone just chewed their food to a mushy consistency while on mushy diet?  Any thoughts are appreciated! I do not want to be bad and do the mushy diet the wrong way :)   My NUT refers to this stage as Mushy not Pureed which is different then some NUTs.

Donna

Dawnie 88
on 7/9/11 2:25 am
I've never used a food processor.  I simply bit off a very small piece..chewed a milion times..and swallowed.

4catz
on 7/9/11 2:27 am
First of all, congratulations on the surgery and don't kick yourself.  I was told to puree food to a thin consistency so that my stoma could heal.  They didn't want me to eat anything that couldn't go through a sieve because anythig getting caught could cause complications or if stuck in the staple/sutures could cause complications.  I had to do that for the first 3 weeks.  After that it was soft and moist.  It looks like you're out far enough that if you chewed it up enough it wouldn't be a problem.  Just make sure that early on like this that your food is still very moist as you're healing in there.  You don't want to have gone through all of this only to hurt yourself and cause complications.  Best of luck.  Elena

Surgery Weight: 275
Mia H.
on 7/9/11 2:30 am - OH
 My doc's eating plan is very liberal.  I have been on soft foods since day 5.  I think I used my food processor 2 x's.  I just chew, chew and chew until it's mushy plus small bites.  My NUT said that was fine. 

KatCooper
on 7/9/11 8:15 am - Collierville, TN
 Thanks for asking the question.  I am not quite to your stage yet, but was wondering the same thing!!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

acbbrown
on 7/9/11 9:47 am - Granada Hills, CA
I don't puree my meats, but I put my chicken and beef into the food process for a few seconds so that it's flaky like tuna. I cannot and will not eat liquidy meat so Id rather chew. I do marinate the meat usually so that it's very moist, but that's the best I can do.

For everything else, I just stick to naturally soft foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, etc.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views