Calcium Gummies

yoopertroll
on 7/25/11 6:05 am - Fremont, MI
I looked at the label to see what kind of calcium it was from to see if I wanted to try them for a change instead of taking horse pills. What is Tricalcium phosphate and how is it absorbed compared to citrate or carbonate. I know RNYer's need the citrate. The pharmacist at my Walgreens was not able to answer the question for me. It was not the citracal gummies that I checked it was another brand that was at Walgreens. No I did not buy them. I am just curious.
Barb RNY August 4, 2008
 PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/25/11 9:32 am - Belleville, IL
For RNY folks it's a no-no.... You won't absorb it.  Calcium Citrate is what we need. There ARE chewable calcium citrate out there, but just take the pill and a pill cutter and cut it in half to make it smaller.

ANY Vitamin or Calcium Gummies are a waste for any RNY folks. Now there is a product called Calcet Calcium Citrate Chewy bites which are heaven! But they contain like 5 gm sugar and 20 calories. 1 or 2  a day is OK (Along with a Calcium Citrate pill) but to many can add uneeded calories and sugars, not to mention, they can be a bit pricey.

Good luck.
Warmly,
Jackie

Dave Chambers
on 7/25/11 9:50 am - Mira Loma, CA
Check out the calcium citrate from vitalady.com . These are capsules, and their rounded edges make them far easier to swallow than traditional horse pills.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1125 views