Pleasse Help -- Anybody experience this....

Ann Brighton
on 8/2/11 9:12 am - IN
Ok I had my surgery January 13, 2010 and recently began having abdominal tenderness.  My local doctor did an abdominal series that only showed that I was full of "****" lol - could have save some money here.  Anyway the next week I had my 18 month post op and saw the FNP who ordered a scope and a CT scan with gastor glow as well as iodine.  Once again the results were my bowels were backed up.  A week ago Sunday I took colace, castor oil, a fleet enema with no real satisfaction so I took a Phosphate Laxative on Monday.  Though this worked I began vomiting that night and haven't really kept anything down since.  I ended up in the hospital this weekend for rehydration and once let out everything soon went back to the same old problem.  When I drink it gurgles in my stomach and it feels like huge gas bubbles are coming up into my abdomen and exploding.  I have an appt with my surgeon tomorrow but I'm very scared -- I've not felt this sick or this bad for so long.  I have thrown up so much that my entire body hurts.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Or know anybody who did?

Thanks.

Signed -- feels like dying at the moment
Kim S.
on 8/2/11 9:43 am - Helena, AL
You are doing the right thing by seeing your surgeon.  Feel better soon.

Kim

Ann Brighton
on 8/2/11 9:51 am - IN

Thanks Kim -- I'm just so miserable and I feel like nobody knows why : (

I have been walking on the top of the world and then this...

DebsGiz
on 8/2/11 11:14 am - FL

Hi there,

I have no idea what this might be, but wanted you to know that you are cared about and am hoping that all is okay with you...

Please let us know what you find out.

Prayers sent up for you.

DEB
Ann Brighton
on 8/2/11 11:25 am - IN
Thanks for your support and I'm praying for an easy answer. Up until last week this had been the best thing to happen to me but this week not so much ; /

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 11:10 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
I'm not a medical expert, but I had much the same experience when I was pregnant and my bowels were blocked by the weight of the baby;  my doctor prescribed Milk of Magnesia and that helped.

If you're "full of s***" and not getting any relief, I'd recommend Miralax as needed.  You can take
Miralax without a prescription and do it daily.  I try to use it at least two or three times a month.

Once you get your constipation sorted out, begin eating a salad daily with a good balsamic vinaigrette
dressing;  the olive oil will help you stay lubricated and keep things moving along.

Good luck.
Ann Brighton
on 8/3/11 7:18 am - IN
thank you to all.  I did see my surgeon this morning and although he found nothing on my scope or scan he agrees it just isn't right.  He has scheduled a laprascopic (sic) exploratory surgery tomorrow at noon.  He will be looking for scar tissue, a kinked bowel, as well as many other things.  I have had many many abdominal surgeries so it very well could be scar tissue.  Fingers crossed and prayers are appreciated.  Again thanks for caring and Godspeed to all of you.

Kim S.
on 8/3/11 10:14 am - Helena, AL
Prayers coming your way-please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Kim

Most Active